• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's really a matter of respect

ChronoDisc

Par Member
I was playing with a small group the other day. I drove and it skipped hit the chains and popped out. We were all almost completely amazed but one guy said he wouldn't respect one the skipped in.

So my question is would you respect a throw that skipped in for the ace?

Absolutely.
And I would have reminded that guy that nobody asked.

Yes. I think a skip shot would be sicker than just sinking it in straight up. Well, maybe. Idk, but any chains, including chains off a skip, would be good. I would respect it of course, no matter how long the hole.

an ace is an ace is an ace.... I respect that....

Lots of posts on "What is an Ace?"... but it's generally accepted that a skip ace counts as a real ace.

The number of times you throw the disc, determines your score for the hole. One throw is an ace.

Roller, Bouncer, Straight in, Deflected, Skipper, Flicker, Bomb, Beamed, whatever - however - if it's from the tee to the chains & basket....It's called an ACE.

You gonna tell Kobe just 'cause it wasn't "nuttin' but net" & it bounced off the rim before dropping in that it doesn't count?? PUULeeeeeeze! Haven't you seen the MJ/Bird McDonald's commercials? "Off the wall, through the rafters, off the floor, "nuttin' but net"!! Yeah!

He probably said that cause he's NEVER gotten an ace. Give a little applause to that guy's opinion: one that takes rubbing your pointer finger against your thumb repeatedly (the world's smallest violin).

Had a guy do that behind me & A.Mutt the other day in Ohio....we were like WOW -- So close!! We'd be doing the same for you ChronoDisc!

I was playing with a small group the other day. I drove and it skipped hit the chains and popped out. We were all almost completely amazed but one guy said he wouldn't respect one the skipped in.

So my question is would you respect a throw that skipped in for the ace?

Disc Golf is like sex.....It doesn't matter how it goes in, as long as it goes in.

Definitely an ACE. I have great respect for anyone who makes puts it in the basket in one shot no matter how it is done (assuming it is within the rules).

I guess he'd give you a 2 then? maybe one stroke for hitting the ground and the other for putting it into the chains?

sounds like a real "disc golf purist". Wow, I would definitely find some new people to play with

So if his disc skips does he take the lie where it hit the ground first?

If not its a big bag of STFU for him.

My first Ace was a skip ace. It was a blind downhill shot that I didn't get to see.
There was a hole at Otter Creek (RIP) that the preferred line was a skip shot.

I had to give up $ 5 after witnessing a roller ACE at Roscoe Ewing Park in Medina, Ohio (many moons ago). The dude rolled his shot down the center of the apple grove, it then turned over while rolling hit a rock that was in front of the basket and popped into the basket.

Another cool ACE I saw, also at Roscoe Ewing. My friend Fleetwood was about to throw and I was video taping, I told him to hold on and let me climb this one tree that had a branch overhang the tee box. So I was the film was rolling and Fleetwood let it fly------------------- - + right into the basket. And on top of that he almost got a birdie on the same shot as a bird flew right in front of the disc at one point of it's flight. We all gave him a $ 5.00 bill for his efforts.

I don't know if players do it elsewhere, but here in NE Ohio when someone gets an ACE, everyone in their group has to give him $ 5.00 and if they hit metal it's a buck. We call it the "51" club. Anyone else do similar things for ACEs ??

Latest posts