• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jerry Garcia Handprint...

gwillim

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
garcia_hand_fin_400px.jpg

How long will it take for the dye to wear off of you hand?

sweet disc! what model is it? :)

Yeah Nate, it would suck for sure! The disc was commissioned by a guy in Eugene (hippies!). I looked up the history because I don't know much about Garcia or the Grateful Dead. Evidently, Garcia lost that finger in an ax-ident (lol, I crack myself up!). His older brother chopped it off with an ax when Jerry was 7 years old. Didn't seem to mess with him too much?!

Cool dye. That print was used on a Jerry Garcia box set put out a couple years ago. Less Dead and more JG Band. Good stuff.

Nice, I need to do one of these some day.

The finger isnt symbolic. Jerry was missing most of that finger on his right hand. IIRC his brother accidentally chopped if off with an ax while the 2 were splitting wood.

Yeah Nate, it would suck for sure! The disc was commissioned by a guy in Eugene (hippies!). I looked up the history because I don't know much about Garcia or the Grateful Dead. Evidently, Garcia lost that finger in an ax-ident (lol, I crack myself up!). His older brother chopped it off with an ax when Jerry was 7 years old. Didn't seem to mess with him too much?!

Nice, I need to do one of these some day.

The finger isnt symbolic. Jerry was missing most of that finger on his right hand. IIRC his brother accidentally chopped if off with an ax while the 2 were splitting wood.

yeah i think he covered that...LOL

Nice one Gwillim. Hey, eventually I want a WSU logo on a putter or mid range. Would that be doable for you? I might change my mind as to what exact logo but I would love for you to do a dye for me sometime. I saw the Tony Danza one you did while playing in Walla Walla and coldn't believe how perfect it was. Your art is spectacular!

Thanks for the BSF info as well man. I will for sure be down there and can't wait!!!!

Great to hear you made it in! The whole AM side filled in less than 5 hours, and we crashed the server for at least an hour of that as well!

I'd definitely be willing to do a dye for you. I'm a little backed up at the moment, and I'm not taking any more orders until I clean my slate. That's probably good though, it'll give you time to think what you want exactly.

Latest posts