• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Judges

Classic is a very rigid, hard plastic. Blend is in between classic and classic soft. It's... in the middle. Some give without being floppy.

Also, there is a whole thread just about judges. It really isn't necessary to post a whole new thread just to ask one question about a disc

I tried using the search function, but it seems like every thread has the word judge appear at some point, what about prime though?

Prime is sort of like DX but very stiff. If you click on "Advance Search" you can choose to only show title with certain words instead of posts.

In addition to the difference in stiffness, I find Blend to have noticeably better grip than Hard ("Classic"), which seems slicker to me.

I tried using the search function, but it seems like every thread has the word judge appear at some point, what about prime though?

In addition to what BobMcNelly said above.. Use advanced search, where you can limit the results by thread title instead of posts, limit results to certain sub forums (I.e. Equipment) and got should get some pretty decent results ;)

Judges: amazing putters

Classic hard: Stiff plastic. Usually just labeled as classic.

Classic blend: More flexible but still firm, halfway between classic hard and classic soft. Slightly tackier grip.

Prime: Inexpensive baseline plastic. Slightly slick, stiff.

I feel like Prime is between Blend and Classic hard. Firm but has juuust enough give to help with grip without warping in a firm grip.

Classic Blend is firm but not as stiff as the Classic, the McPro Aviar, the KC Aviar or the Discraft Pro-D Challenger (at least not to me). Some say the Classic Blend feels "chalky": while I'm not sure that's the word I'd use, it has an interesting texture (maybe like more-slick XT plastic?). The Classic Blend Judge is my main putter.

Latest posts