• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just did a 4k fly though of Gulley Park near Cincinnati

CincyDiscGolf

I tired to make on long video with nicer editing, but 4k is a beast to edit unless you have a very good and new pc.

I tired to use Youtube's editor, and I had everything done, but it only ever came up as 1080p after 2 days.

Got tired of waiting so I did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWpkYIY4z0&list=PLY5_UXeKtJ-7oSWfSfbYeueml4yuvZvoO

I just made a playlist and went hole by hole.

Let me know what you think.

I haven't had the quadcopter long, so forgive me for turning off to the side at times. Hopefully the more of these I do the better the work will be.

Also

I haven't got music on every hole yet.

I am just putting some random free music on there anyhow, but just a heads up.

#1. Don't try to film the course map with the drone--take a handheld, close picture and splice it in.
#2. By posting each hole as an individual video, obscuring ads pop up each time and have to be closed--truly annoying.

The filming itself is OK.

Allright. I'll try to make them into 1 video from now on. It just takes a lot of time on my pc. 4k video is a beast.

I will tried to use proxies and see if it can handle rendering larger 4k videos.

I am kind of upset with the youtube editor right now. I spent a long time getting a beautiful single video edited together and even after 2 days the 4k hadn't came up.

I'll figuring something out.

I am thinking of doing Idlewild park in Northern Kentucky this weekend. I have 2 other cameras. 1 is an action cam that is 1080p which can fit a number of different mounts I have. And another that is an older sony handy cam at 720p. It has a very nice zoom but 720 looks really dated next to the other 2 I have.

Allright. I'll try to make them into 1 video from now on. It just takes a lot of time on my pc. 4k video is a beast.

I will tried to use proxies and see if it can handle rendering larger 4k videos.

I am kind of upset with the youtube editor right now. I spent a long time getting a beautiful single video edited together and even after 2 days the 4k hadn't came up.

I'll figuring something out.

I am thinking of doing Idlewild park in Northern Kentucky this weekend. I have 2 other cameras. 1 is an action cam that is 1080p which can fit a number of different mounts I have. And another that is an older sony handy cam at 720p. It has a very nice zoom but 720 looks really dated next to the other 2 I have.

I was hoping you'd do Idlewild, but not til you feel your skills can really do it justice. you need to do Goshen and Airy also...

Love to see video at Idlewild. fyi though: not sure all drones are like this but rumor has it another videographer found his drone had a chip that disabled flight that near the airport. So if yours works, that would be cool. Obviously, fly safely!

Ah yeah. I didn't think of the airport. Your right, that is a no fly zone. I don't know if its a complete no fly or only a no fly over so many feet. Ill have to check. I don't see why it would be a problem to just do below tree level flying, which is all I need anyhow. Of course they often out right ban stuff because people can't be responsible and want to be dangerous so they just say no none at all.

I might have to get a hand held gimbal cam for certain situations. My drone does have warnings. It warns that you're entering a no fly, and it warns when you are near the leagal flight altitude. I believe you can ignore these warning at your own risk though. The max is 400 feet. 400 feet is way more than enough. The only things that would be an obstruction at that altitude are like sky scrapers, and towers. IMO no one should be flying around major cities anyhow.

I think you should be able to get passes to do flights, and get proper clearance and maybe training though. It sucks that all national parks are no flys. I guess they are scared a terrorist will put explosives on one and run it into a monument.

I would have liked to have taken mine to parks with natural sights though. What the hell is a bomb going to do to a waterfall? lol. Some times the blank laws are just stupid.

I am going to have to look into the laws and what the deal is at Idelwild. hopefully its far enough where they just have a lower limit and not a complete ban. I'll figure something out.

I looked it up.

On the DJI website it says that you can fly within 5 miles of an airport but its a cap of like 30 feet. If your with in like 2 miles I think its completely no and the software won't even let you take off.

I looked up kentucky law and saw a few sites saying that its no within 5 miles unless you contact the control tower at the airport.

So I guess ill have to call the control center and see if they give me the green light to not go over like 20 feet. I doubt ill even go that high anyhow.

We shall see.

I wouldn't bother with 4k personally for this purpose.

This… how many people even have a 4k monitor?

I think you should work on multiple angles in 1080. I like the vids but it would be nice if you turned the drone around at the end so you can look back down the fairway. Also any holes that have interesting or unusual lines should be shown possibly from multiple angles? Just some thoughts, keep it up!