• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kanawha Valley Regionals - Charleston, WV (B-Tier) June 25th & 26th

The Last DJ

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
2016 Kanawha Valley PDGA Regionals

West Virginia's biggest tournament is coming up this summer and I wanted to invite all of my friends at DGCR! This year's Kanawha Valley Regionals will be June 25th and 26th (Saturday and Sunday). We want to make this an A-Tier event in the future which requires our club to show some some growth. Last year we had 88 players in the event so this year we'd like to see over 100. Here are the results from last year.

Payouts were fantastic last year! We already have a total of $5,000 in cash added to the purse set aside that will be distributed to ALL DIVISIONS! Last year EVERYONE got a payout...down the last of the last. That means aside from the player's pack, everyone got to pick out at least one piece of plastic from the thousands of discs we have on site at the pro shop regardless of how players finished. This year's player's pack will include a dri-fit shirt, three premium discs, and a mini.

More events are happening prior to the tournament this year including contests for driving, approach shots, and putting. Charleston tournaments also have a reputation for feeding players well in-between rounds! All courses we'll play are within 15-20 minutes of each other and are listed on the attached flyer. Entry fees are as follows. Please add $10 if you are not a current PDGA member:

$73.00 Open
$73.00 Open Women
$63.00 Advanced
$63.00 Advanced Master
$53.00 Advanced Grandmaster
$43.00 Intermediate
$43.00 Intermediate Women
$43.00 Recreational
$43.00 Novice
$43.00 Junior I - Boys
$43.00 Junior I - Girls

Registration is up at Disc Golf Scene.

I hope to see some of you out there - especially some new faces from out of state! Charleston has plenty to do for a weekend and it's an inexpensive town to stay in. Please join us and help us make this year's Regional tournament even better than our inaugural! I'll make myself available for any questions or suggestions you may have. I'm looking forward to seeing some new folks out on the course this summer!

As an update, this year we'll be playing the following courses...

Wine Cellar
St. Albans City Park
Redeemer Park (Blue Course)

Our local players have been working on the courses to get them in good shape and will continue to put aside club activities in order to get these layouts in GREAT shape for the tournament. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to guide folks through courses should they want to get a practice round in. Hope to see my DGCR friends there! :thmbup: