• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

I really like the look of the Kaxe Z.

Given its confirmed tweener status, it seems to me that it'd be competing with the Truth/Emac Truth spot in my bag.

Is that a fair comparison? If so, can someone who's got experience with both molds give me the low-down on performance differences? (distance, stability, shot shape, etc)

Never thrown a Truth, so no comparison. I bag a Kaxe Z and throw it quite a bit. It's a fast 6. It can handle a lot of power and I think it needs it. I have tried to power it down and it's pretty OS when I do. I have never turned it over, always wants to work back left but when thrown hard and flat it's a pretty gentle fade. I throw it forehand sometimes for upshots and it's a different disc. I can definitely flip it over then due to bad form. All in all, a useful disc in absolutely gorgeous plastic (K2); mine is a deep blue color that I have never seen in any other disc/plastic.

After a month with playing around with this mold, it has officially kicked Bards out of my back. Love the K3 plastic and am tired of waiting for BT Bards. Also find this to be a bit more OS and a bit longer at the same time, both of which are grateful things. Pseudo-cycle now K1 Glow (just plain stout), 173g K3, 165g K3 (this thing is so dope) and 173g K1/K2 Kaxe-Z, which once I get the cycle moving on the K3 Kaxe will slowly be replaced as I just prefer a beaded mid.

Aside from now filling my midslots, OS side of my bag now runs Scale/Kaxe/Tyrant and given I am throwing nothing over a speed 7, this trio covers every imaginable line (FH or BH) from center-->OS with minimal overlap. Was quite pleased at how the Kaxe complimented the two RDG molds.

So, yeah...Kaxe...consider me a convert.

I've never thrown this mold before, but I have a funny story about it. My buddy meets up with another friend at our local course to play a round. Before they start off, his friend says to him "here's that disc I was telling you about. Give it a try." So, my buddy tees off with his friend's Kaxe. Ace. The end.

So has anyone had a good experience breaking in K3 Kaxes? I wondering how long it takes for them to become understable, or even straight-stable.

I picked up a pair of glow K1 Kaxe and Kaxe Z. Holy crap this is nice plastic. I know, I'm behind the curve on this stuff but wowee. Only thrown them a few times but enough to know that this pairing will cover just about every BH and FH teeshot on my local 9 holer where I play.

I had started with a K2 Berg I picked up on a whim and I liked it so much I just decided to go for it and build a little Glow bag with some candy plastic. Did i mention that this stuff glows like crazy? It does!

Glow Reko for straight shots and putting. (holy cow this putter is a sick thrower)
Glow Berg for most BH and FH upshots.
Glow Kaxe Z for normal backhand drives.
Glow Kaxe for OS backhand and FH drives.
Trusty Glow Gator for when beef is for dinner.
Glow Pinnacle Phenom for longer straight drives

Now, when will the Glow K1 Falk be out? I want it.

I'm pretty excited about this Glow bag for now. Makes me wanna go out at night and get to work.

So has anyone had a good experience breaking in K3 Kaxes? I wondering how long it takes for them to become understable, or even straight-stable.

For straight-stable it took me a good four months. That being said I only play once a week usually and don't remember any particularly bad tree hits during that time. Now at another two months with it and I am seeing some turn in first-phase but it has held it's LSS pretty well.

^I broke down and ordered one of the K3 Zs (155g) out of curiosity, it's fun for sure, not real Kaxey though beyond how far these will fly. Definitely less stable than my K1/K2s...not quite like a Leopard, but not terribly far off from that either.

So I just got one of these by accident, bought a small it off eBay of some stuff to give to my playing buddies as Christmas gifts and was shipped the wrong lot. Seller said to grab two of my choice out as an apology, which was very nice of them, so I grabbed a Leo3 to try and a green kaxe in what I think is k2 plastic, kinda like a soft star/pro feel.

I really just grabbed it because I heard they are nice, but I didn't think it would find a spot in the bag because everything I read puts it in kind of a tweeter slot that I don't really need between rocs and eagles/leopards. So far I've only thrown it out in the yard around 100'-200' but I'm very impressed. Oddly at that range I find it doing zone-like things with very little effort. The plastic feels quite good, and it's nice in the hand both forehand and backhand. I layer in to it once and threw it waaaaaay down in my neighbor's yard, probably a clean 300' and it went dead straight with a tiny little fade at the end. Very much like a junior DX teebird. It's gonna take more testing and a few rounds but this dang thing might go in the bag. Seems odd to be thinking one disc could replace a zone, and be used for those 250'-300' low ceiling shots, but it just might. Either way it's a very interesting disc that is well worth giving a few rounds to. I kind of hope it doesn't make the bag because I am just starting to feel comfortable with what I throw and don't really want to add anything, but I kind of hope it does make the bag too because it feels really fun to throw.

K2 Kaxe can do amazing things, it takes a while to beat a K1 into that kind of shot. The Kaxe keeps finding its way back into my bag. Teebird JR is a fair description. I stopped bagging fairways for a good chunk of time 2008-10 or so because I liked working buzzz out there on those big lines. The kaxe makes those old buzzz lines actually go fairway distances. If you are a minimal mold guy, especially with that PD in you bag, you may find the roc and teebird getting very little use...

Ok guys, I will be running a kaxe or kaxe z cycle. Two questions assuming I don't want to throw both:

Does a k1 kaxe z start off stable enough for a cycle?
Does a k3 kaxe beat in understable enough for a cycle?

Ok guys, I will be running a kaxe or kaxe z cycle. Two questions assuming I don't want to throw both:

Does a k1 kaxe z start off stable enough for a cycle?
Does a k3 kaxe beat in understable enough for a cycle?

Yes, in my view, K1 Kaxe Zs start out stable enough to cycle, but they beat in slowly. If you buy several of them, you will see that there is some small variation in their starting stability (just like all discs), so you can get a pair, or even trio, that will fit together well.

I have not thrown K3 Kaxes enough to answer your second question.

K3's are the beefiest to start. Someone has cycled those and talked about it in a thread but I don't remember if it was in this one. K3 Z's are all lightweight and too flippy to bother with I think.

I have a K2 Z and it is about as stable as my broke in K1 Kaxe (still has most of its stability, the new is knocked off of it though). I imagine the Z would break in to a good spot eventually.

K3's are the beefiest to start. Someone has cycled those and talked about it in a thread but I don't remember if it was in this one. K3 Z's are all lightweight and too flippy to bother with I think.

I have a K2 Z and it is about as stable as my broke in K1 Kaxe (still has most of its stability, the new is knocked off of it though). I imagine the Z would break in to a good spot eventually.

Ooph, didn't realize that there k3 z's only come light weight, that is a deal breaker.

Would Kaxe/Warship/Fuse or Kaxe/Compass/Fuse be a good mid lineup?

Yes, it would.

I experiment with different lineups, sometimes carrying almost no mids, since I like to throw putters. A K1 Kaxe or Kaxe Z is a constant always though. It is my view that these are the most reliable mids on the market, and reliability is what I look for most in a midrange.

I recently got a K3 Kaxe to experiment with. Only got one round on it so far, but I'll report back when it gets beat in.

Got a couple k3 kaxes.

First round I was shocked by how beefy they are. But on top of the beef is insane glide. Didn't really like it because I was worried they wouldn't beat straight.

Second round I was shocked how fast the initial beef beats out, and how it added even more glide. After four rounds it throws like a perfectly seasoned champ teebird with 60' less distance.

I am excited to see if they will beat to flat or even flip stability. If they do get all the way over it will be the hands down best cycling mid available outside of Rocs. And with a small diameter and a little more speed than a Roc there is a solid argument to switch over.

A+ disc thus far, highly recommend.

Latest posts