• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Kastaplast plastic so forgive me.

But does K1 plastic being opaque vs. semi-transparent matter with stability?
K1 soft the same stability as K1?

If it turns out it was a dud I would gladly trade you for a straight flying brand new K1 Kaxe.
Holding onto it for now, but will come back here if I decide to part with it.

Holding onto it for now, but will come back here if I decide to part with it.

I have a K1 soft (old K2) Kaxe Z and it is less stable than the K1 Kaxe Zs I own.

Since I throw speed 9's and love to throw putters as soon as i can I tend to gravitate towards the faster mids to fill the gap inbetween. Would a K1 Kaxe work as a more OS compliment to something like a Buzzz or Emac Truth? I've been looking at the Verdict but the Kaxe looks really interesting and it's more readily available in my area.

Since I throw speed 9's and love to throw putters as soon as i can I tend to gravitate towards the faster mids to fill the gap inbetween. Would a K1 Kaxe work as a more OS compliment to something like a Buzzz or Emac Truth? I've been looking at the Verdict but the Kaxe looks really interesting and it's more readily available in my area.

The Kaxe flies more like a fwy driver then a mid. Faster then a Emac Truth or Buzzz.

I would personally rate the Kaxe 6/4/0/2.5 while the Emac Truth is 5/5/0/2. It's definitely faster, less glide and more fade then the Emac Truth.

anyone get a 2022 kaxe glow? i got a kaxe z glow and its super understable. nothing like a kaxe z. just wondered if the Kaxe (no z) is maybe more understable too and it would be like a normal kaxe z?

Generally speaking, I believe the main opinion is that the opaque K1 normally is a bit more understable (less stable) than the translucent and that the K1 soft is generally a bit more understable (less stable) than K1.

But as with everything else with discs, you can never be sure, but I believe the above could be used as a rule of thumb.

anyone get a 2022 kaxe glow? i got a kaxe z glow and its super understable. nothing like a kaxe z. just wondered if the Kaxe (no z) is maybe more understable too and it would be like a normal kaxe z?

Good for hyzer flips through tunnels or just unpredictable?

What does a normal Kaxe Z fly like? I have owned two - the first was mildly understable and mild fade. The second was slightly understable but with a hard dumpy fade.

What does a normal Kaxe Z fly like? I have owned two - the first was mildly understable and mild fade. The second was slightly understable but with a hard dumpy fade.

All 3 of mine over the years I think are close to flight numbers out of the box. Very close to the Kaxe in flight, just holds straight a bit more. Never had one really turn.

All 3 of mine over the years I think are close to flight numbers out of the box. Very close to the Kaxe in flight, just holds straight a bit more. Never had one really turn.

pretty much. to me a Kaxe is a overstable mid, not a meat hook, and the kaxe z is a straight mid, when thrown hard its doesnt fade much at all.

the understability im talking in the Kaxe Z is pretty unpredictable. I mean i almost Karen'ed the Kastaplast customer service, but i wanted to ask around reddit and other forums.

Ive probably lost 5 kaxes/z's in k1 reg and soft and one in k3. Went to rebuy the K3 and saw the glow kaxe z and threw it in the field with the kaxe z k3 and it was like a toy. Like a bad starter set disc.

the gold foil sold me in the store, its pretty regardless of weird flight. I know things can get warped in shipping so i thought that could be it too. Anyone get a KZ glow that had a normal KZ flight?

pretty much. to me a Kaxe is a overstable mid, not a meat hook, and the kaxe z is a straight mid, when thrown hard its doesnt fade much at all.

the understability im talking in the Kaxe Z is pretty unpredictable. I mean i almost Karen'ed the Kastaplast customer service, but i wanted to ask around reddit and other forums.

Ive probably lost 5 kaxes/z's in k1 reg and soft and one in k3. Went to rebuy the K3 and saw the glow kaxe z and threw it in the field with the kaxe z k3 and it was like a toy. Like a bad starter set disc.

the gold foil sold me in the store, its pretty regardless of weird flight. I know things can get warped in shipping so i thought that could be it too. Anyone get a KZ glow that had a normal KZ flight?

Yeah, Kaxe Z Glow is one I have, same flight as regular K1 Something like 6/5/0/2. I think the K3 is a bit more beefy then the K1's and Glow though. Best Glow on the market too. Brightest and longest lasting.

yeah this 2022 run is weird. threw it in a field again today and it a steep hyzer to flat at maybe 60% power.

def not a typical kaxe z.

maybe someone can chime in on a 2022 kaxe glow

That's weird. None of mine are flippy at all. An elite power pro bud threw one of mine once for fun in the field and I was amazed. Went 400, maybe 425. I should have measured it. Didn't even turn really, just long and straight. I get sad when I see my discs fly so nice and it wasn't me throwing them. Jelly.

Sadly it seems like every run of most kasta discs are flippier than the one before it.

Across the line? Both clear and opaque?

Yup. GrymX these days on average are flipper than grym 4 years ago. KaxeZ are a bit flippier than before and Kaxe are as straight as old kaxez