• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast STÅL - Overstable Fairway Driver

I ordered up a couple first runs, Kastaplast has the best plastic available. I'm hoping they come out with a Thunderbird/PD type disc.. stable control driver. And maybe an aviar type putter and I could do a full bag of Kastaplast.

Got my hands on one yesterday. Got some shoulder to domey but flat on top. We had a stack of 30 and all looked the same domeyness etc.
Team players says its more like predator stability than firebird. "Mellow firebird"

Ah, mellower... I don't like the sound of that.

I would be more interested in agitated.

Probably not, they seem to ahve sold out on all the EU sites.There are two left on Ebay at 30$. I think the seller has a large stack, as each one sells another goes up for a couple dollars higher.

The only first runs left on the web as far as I can tell.

This sounds like it might fight for my Sexy bird slot. I've been wanting to find a stock replacement for those, but love the feeling of the color glow plastic. K1 feels even better, so it may take over, even if it is quite a bit more OS than the bird.

all the facebook hype and descriptions are suggesting sexton bird, pred or ahti type disc. I think I am in love, and dont have one yet.

all the facebook hype and descriptions are suggesting sexton bird, pred or ahti type disc. I think I am in love, and dont have one yet.

I did pick up a first and second run, and they did replace my birds. It got really cold here right after I bought them so I haven't gotten to throw them too much.

I thought they flew similar to the sexton firebirds, except a little bit straighter and more glide. Zero turn on a backhand. I have a horrible forehand with a lot of wrist roll, and noticed the Stal doesn't hold up quite as well as the bird if I try to put any anny on it. I did also notice the 2nd run was more OS than the 1st. Plastic feels great, of course. Overall, I see this disc as almost a thunderbird/Sexy bird combo that will see more air time than the birds, and more than just a utility disc.

Last edited:
Been throwing two stals a little bit. I have not gotten a ton of time on them yet. I have a glow and a yellow semi-translucent. The yellow does not have a ton of glide and gets to the ground pretty quickly once it starts slowing down. Its about as overstable as my more stable predators. The Glow is quite like a fresh predator. Between the K1 plastic and the softer rounded wing I see this holding stability longer. The sharp bottom edge and wing edge made the pred easier to cycle in premium plastic. If it weren't snow season I would be playing a lot of thumber rounds to beat that glow in. I only see these getting better with age.
I think banshee stability with speed of a firebird would be a good innova comparison.

Some guys are claiming turn out of the box, which surprises me. I wonder if theres a bit of variance between batches? I am still throwing the two mentioned above. No real difference in flight yet. They are holding up almost too well.

Some guys are claiming turn out of the box, which surprises me. I wonder if theres a bit of variance between batches? I am still throwing the two mentioned above. No real difference in flight yet. They are holding up almost too well.

Definitely not something that should happen. I've never feared my stals turning on me even into some big ass winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup was messing with the stal a bit yesterday. I get more turn out of a rask than a stal into the wind. Rask is still king of distance into the wind (and almost keeps up with everything else in no wind)

The stal has snuck into my OS fairway slot very well. Maybe not quite as long as a predator, but close, while being better in the wind and less painful to thumber.

How do Ståls beat in? Do they become Thunderbirds or do they stay in the OS spot? Is cycling Ståls an option or should I just keep one next to my birds? I'm new to K1 plastic and absolutely love the feel but have no experience of how it wears in.

I dont play as often as I used to and it takes a while to beat discs in. The Stal is holding its overstability quite well. I cannot wait to break one in though.

It'll take a long time or until they finally release the k3 (or preferably k4) stål. K1 doesn't really take seasoning well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts