• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Svea

Seems like a Fuse like disc to me. Profile seems similar and numbers are identical.

I like the Fuse but I hope the Svea is just a tiny bit more stable. Max weight Optos with a nice dome are straight, or Opot X. Lets see if this disc flies like that versus the flatter flipper Fuses.

Anyone else got theirs yet? I find the svea to be similar to the (z) meteor in both profile and flight. Just a bit sharper at the nose, which makes it a bit more comfortable. This K1 feels quite soft. Can't imagine how floppy the K2 (or K1 soft, now) would be.

Took it out to the field last night for a few quick throws, and really like the flight so far. On a flat release with about 280' of power, it traveled straight for 2/3 of the flight before a late turn that finished right. On a hyzer it flipped up easily, turned a bit, and then faded back to center. Standstill shots made for great glidey hyzers that carried very well. Really looking forward to trying this disc out on all the right-turning holes at my local course.

Anyone else got theirs yet? I find the svea to be similar to the (z) meteor in both profile and flight. Just a bit sharper at the nose, which makes it a bit more comfortable. This K1 feels quite soft. Can't imagine how floppy the K2 (or K1 soft, now) would be.

Took it out to the field last night for a few quick throws, and really like the flight so far. On a flat release with about 280' of power, it traveled straight for 2/3 of the flight before a late turn that finished right. On a hyzer it flipped up easily, turned a bit, and then faded back to center. Standstill shots made for great glidey hyzers that carried very well. Really looking forward to trying this disc out on all the right-turning holes at my local course.

I haven't had a chance to play in conditions that weren't windy. But it moves a tailwind for a very straight flight that glides for days.

The feel is excellent. I think this is going to take the elements spot in my bag.

Who even has these for sale? I'm curious

Acerunners.ca still has 15 or so. They must have restocked since they just about sold out on release day.

Acerunners is the exclusive distributor of kastaplast in Canada, so they usually tend to have decent stock. I've seen them for sale at other stores here, but they usually still have the acerunners sticker on them.

Thanks to the tip from geo_08, I got a nice pink svea in the mail today. Had a chance to get about 2 dozen throws in with it at home. I do t have a big open area, so I was throwing 250-300' golf lines between my baskets. My first impression is the cell is great. K1 is a good blend, the tim is comfortable, slight dome, nothing odd about the feel at all.

This says 6 glide, and that is pretty accurate. Once it locks on its path it just kinda goes. I was focusing on smooth motions and really putting some spin on it, with very good results. Easy 250' shots without a ton of effort. -1 may be a bit conservative for turn, I'd say closer to 2. Thrown flat it will turn over, with a little hyzer it pops up and sits flat, finishes straight. With a decent hyzer, it flips up a bit but can really make a long swooping hyzer line. Tunnels and turnovers are what people probably think of with a disc like this, but the fairways with a gradual bend to the left (RHBH), not just a straight to fade line, might be where this disc shines as well.

I think this is a good disc. Has the flip of a factory understable mold, but the finish is much more similar to a stable disc that is beat to straight. Not much fade at all. I am excited to take this to the course and see what it can do in the woods, I think it's gonna be a new go to for me.

Svea and Grym Valentine ed.

val1.jpg

Anyone have a comparison of a K1 Svea to a gold line Fuse or tournament Tursas?

Tursas is more US (and all i had have terrible sharp edges)

SVEA an FUSE are super close, but i think Svea has the better plastic and feel.
I love US mids and i think i have tried all of them, Svea is in my bag...best disc on the market to hold a slight Anhyzer. (if you dont over power it)

I have a 280ft hole on my lokal course that have a long continuous right turn...most discs i throw on this hole either turns to the ground or starts to fade out at the end....the Svea just holds that slight turn all the way to the ground and lands flat.

am i the only one that has to throw this on a very steep hyzer to get a good flight?

Latest posts