• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KC Aviar Question

ThrowinGhost

Eagle Member
Quick question: I just got a pink KC Aviar in a secret Santa, and was wondering about the rarity of the color. I have seen white, orange, black etc.. But never a pink. Any of you Aviar experts got the scoop? It's just a regular ole 12x hot pink color

Quick question: I just got a pink KC Aviar in a secret Santa, and was wondering about the rarity of the color. I have seen white, orange, black etc.. But never a pink. Any of you Aviar experts got the scoop? It's just a regular ole 12x hot pink color

Ive never seen one, i was looking for rare colors recently too

That is pretty cool! I'm always on the hunt for Black KC Aviars, but I may have to keep my eye out for some pinks now!

Colors in general are hard to get with the stock stamp. Might fetch a little more but nothing crazy

Interesring. I have two oranges and a yellow; i picked them because they had better grip than the cream/White ones. Less slick.

I could not find an aviar thread so I'm using this one. Will a bb kc pro ever beat in to feel like a yeti pro for grip/sunken top and are yeti pro still in production. If they are I think I'll buy one to putt with, they felt amazing.

I doubt the current run will ever beat in to feel like a Yeti, mine have all maintained their dome and slickness. The soft, grippy 12x San Marinos were as grippy as any Yeti and were slightly concave. I also have another older 12x that was basically shaped like a Yeti to start with,but the grip was not like a Yeti.

I picked up a yellow KC aviar with a purple stamp (LSU colors? yes please!) to see how it would wear compared to my yellow 4x yetis. It's quite a bit firmer with less grip but it's slowly coming along; I doubt it'll ever get to be as grippy as my yetis though.

I'm curious about the yeti though. I need a fresh stack of yellow 4x and have been looking all year! C'mon Innova...

Yes. The Yeti is still in production. They really are a great disc! They are like the best of both the JK and the KC; Stiff(ish), grippy/velvety (think grippy Wizard feel), stable, and low profile (so easy releases, at least for me and my tiny hands). Plus, yeah, colors. Out of the 3 Pro Aviars out there, the Yeti has the most color options, IMO.

*Thread hijack over*

Not really a threadjack imo. It's an aviar question... It's simply repurposing an old thread. ;) good to know. Found some 3x and did some research, found the usual "oh the older ones are better" so i needed to know that they still make 4x.

Oh, in that case...

4x, 3x, pretty much the same. I will say that I found the white Yetis to be less velvety/tacky than the colorful ones. Nothing crazy though. Around these parts the Yeti reigns supreme. I know the local shop has trouble keeping them in stock. I switched over from putting with a Wizard. I was having trouble finding Wizards at Shops, where I could actually feel them. I'd been burned too many times buying Wizards online, and not in person. I eventually found the Yeti, and I slowly but surely made the switch. It was the stability, stiffness, disc feel, and the especially the low profile that sold me.

I've been putting with the DX BB's lately and they've given me better grip and glide than the KC's. If you're open to new experiences I would suggest you try them Koda.

First/early run 3x actually are different, they were incredibly grippy and concave (but also pretty soft, less stable, and beat in quickly). The one I have in my bag is so concave it's a reverse poppy top, you can pop the dome up from underneath. But there were plenty of 3x that followed that were no different from the 4x.

Yeti's are my favorite driving putters. The one I've had for two years beat in quickly but hasn't changed in quite some time. When thrown high and hard I can crack 300' on a long turnover, but also powers down quite well for slight/ late turning, straight and even some hyzer shots in the 200-250' range.
It is an earlier 3x, has the reverse pop top and a gritty and grippy feel to it.

I've been putting with the DX BB's lately and they've given me better grip and glide than the KC's. If you're open to new experiences I would suggest you try them Koda.

Been searching for these, actually, because I wanted to try them before yeti. Are they in stores? I haven't seen them.haven't been able to make it to gggt lately.

Thanks for all the info, guys. Funny that the teebird, roc, eagle, all the mvp molds etc. Have their threads but no comprehensive aviar thread!

My local shop had a few hotstamped with their logo for $8.50. Clearwater has them for $10 each. The only way Innova runs them is with a hotstamp or CFRs.

Here is one, I've never seen this foil on any other Innova.

image_zpscf65779a.jpg

Nice bag. I have one as well! :)

Those pink ones are clean. Wouldn't mind having a set as my white ones are breaking in and I will need some backups.

Latest posts