• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KC Pro Roc? How good is it?

Oh hell here comes another Roc thread. Rocs are good but there are other discs that fill the same role and some of them do it better in my opinion. A roc is good if you want to use one mold for all of your mids then you can use a new one for stable, a beat one for straight, and a beat to sh*t one for understable.

Problem is you have to keep cycling them and buying new ones to keep a stable one. I found it was better for me to use a lat 64 pain/fuse combo to cover my mids without having to beat one in.

Bingo. Pain/Fuse combo is solid right off the shelf. And they hold their stability for a long time. I am starting to feel bad since my Cores don't get much use now. Pain and Fuse rules. Glide, glide, and more glide.

Oh hell here comes another Roc thread. Rocs are good but there are other discs that fill the same role and some of them do it better in my opinion. A roc is good if you want to use one mold for all of your mids then you can use a new one for stable, a beat one for straight, and a beat to sh*t one for understable.

Problem is you have to keep cycling them and buying new ones to keep a stable one. I found it was better for me to use a lat 64 pain/fuse combo to cover my mids without having to beat one in.

WRONG, ever heard of Star or Champion Rocs? They hold their stability. I carry 1 champion, 2 kc pros, 2 dx san marinos, and a flat top. ROCS ARE THE SHIZZ :thmbup:

Bingo. Pain/Fuse combo is solid right off the shelf. And they hold their stability for a long time. I am starting to feel bad since my Cores don't get much use now. Pain and Fuse rules. Glide, glide, and more glide.

Its crap go get a Cro you will be much happier :)

he is asking about a KC pro roc. talk roc.

KC pro rocs are great, they hold their stability for a long time, so they are a good option for the stable to overstable mid slot, especially if you are cycling rocs.

KC pro rocs are great, they hold their stability for a long time, so they are a good option for the stable to overstable mid slot, especially if you are cycling rocs.

Basically, Triflusal is sayin', "Go buy you a Star "Flat-Top" Rancho Roc.... Forget the KC Pro 'cause it'll just beat into understable-ness. Forget that wack shizz...."

FTFY Triflusal.:thmbup:

KC pro can be good depending on the terrain you play ... Go play a round at a really rocky course and you will have a disc with huge nicks and gouges in it after just a few rounds.

If premium plastic rocs were easer to get then I would probably ditch the pain/fuse and go back to rocs but the lack of a readily available premium plastic really pushed me away from this mold.

KC pro can be good depending on the terrain you play ... Go play a round at a really rocky course and you will have a disc with huge nicks and gouges in it after just a few rounds.

this is when a roc gets better.

OOPS!! SORRY

:gross:

KC Pro Roc is freaking awesome. Dude. Starts stable and continually changes to less stable and eventually flippy under stable. Great disc that constantly changes what it is doing. If you can fit about 15 of them in your bag you will be covered for every shot. And if you can afford the collector versions you will make shots you only dream of. You'll probably sink 200' approach shots on almost every hole. And after you make all those 200' shots you can sell it in the marketplace for $50. Enjoy, they are great discs!

If you live near a good disc golf store where you can pick and choose your KC pro rocs they would be a great go to disc. They season nicely and it is fun to have one mold that fits 2 to 3 slots. On the other hand they do have some consistency issues and can be buttery goodness or waxy crap so having good access to pick and choose your roc is important.

Cheers - Koffee

like-a-flaming-sword-through-butter.png

:gross:

KC Pro Roc is freaking awesome. Dude. Starts stable and continually changes to less stable and eventually flippy under stable. Great disc that constantly changes what it is doing. If you can fit about 15 of them in your bag you will be covered for every shot. And if you can afford the collector versions you will make shots you only dream of. You'll probably sink 200' approach shots on almost every hole. And after you make all those 200' shots you can sell it in the marketplace for $50. Enjoy, they are great discs!

Heheh, ohhh.

Not gonna get into this uneducated roc vs 4 mid molds in premium plastic debate.

I will say that it won't help you sink 200' approaches. No magic discs.

All I am saying is when someone makes a thread info about a disc, don't automatically tell them "no it sucks because I don't like it, you should throw the exact same discs as me"

KC Pro Rocs are great, but they will wear in somewhat over time.
If you're looking for a more premium plastic, that's available, try a Star San Marino Roc. It flies similar to a new KC Pro, IMO. These wear in more slowly.

Latest posts