• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KCWO 2015 June 19-21

BigE

Birdie Member
This will be my first time in the Kansas area and I will only have one day to practice the courses. I believe at this point Pool A (I am playing Open) is playing:

Waterworks @ 9 and 2 on the 19th
Swope Gold 1 time on the 20th and 21st with a final 9 at Swope Gold

I have found several videos of Swope on YouTube but I am having a hard time finding any good tournament videos for Waterworks. Part of the issue I believe is I am not familiar with the tournaments in the Kansas City area that are played at these courses so it makes it hard to search for these videos. So any quality tournament videos would really help an out of towner:)

Any suggestions on things to do in town?

We are staying at the host hotel. The only plan we had was to check out a brewery. Any KC people on here that can suggest places to eat or things to do.

Bar B Que

Not trying to start an off topic fight....but KC has the best Que. Hands down...sorry Texas but the grand champion of the circuit BBQ contests are crowned in KC and the American Royal is a spectacle.

Gates
AB's Arthur Bryants
Joe Bar B Que
Jack Stack
LCs

WW1 museum
Power and Light district- bars and food
Plaza for shopping if that is your thing
Westport-bars
Union Station- famous train depot and some mob history
Negro League museum
Jazz District

This is a short list... more folks will likely chime in and add their favorites.

There is another BBQ joint around here that is really good called Q39. Joe's is my favorite followed by Q39. Another good one north of the river is Smoking Guns. I would also recommend checking out Disc Golf World while you are here. There are quite a few other places to checkout too but as far as the aforementioned Westport bars you can get a great burger at Westport Flea Market.

TLDR;
Joe's Kansas City BBQ
Q39
Smoking Guns
Westport Flea Market
Disc Golf World

I might play on the Am side but my wife might kick my butt if I do since it is Father's Day weekend.

Waterworks was pretty decent last night and Swope had a few messy areas but overall they looked good. Some rain might roll in over the weekend though but Waterworks drains pretty well. It has been taking swope a little longer to dry out in the lower areas.

Swope Gold was put in place yesterday (I'm the course designer out there), so you should have a chance to look at it before the tournament. I highly suggest at least walking it and figuring out where you want to position yourself on those multi-shot holes.

The only thing to keep in mind about Waterworks after or in the rain is that it gets very treacherous to walk. You always seem to be throwing uphill or downhill, so footing is always a bit perilous. So just be careful out there.

Swope will most likely have some standing water in places, but nothing that is too hard to play.

Swope Gold was put in place yesterday (I'm the course designer out there), so you should have a chance to look at it before the tournament. I highly suggest at least walking it and figuring out where you want to position yourself on those multi-shot holes.

The only thing to keep in mind about Waterworks after or in the rain is that it gets very treacherous to walk. You always seem to be throwing uphill or downhill, so footing is always a bit perilous. So just be careful out there.

Swope will most likely have some standing water in places, but nothing that is too hard to play.

Sweet! I was out there for Disc Golf Day and I suspect it will be similar to then condition-wise.

Latest posts