• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN Delaveaga discontinued

I play in Keens, I think they're last year's Siskyou or whatever the F.

I have had the problem of part of the tread pulling away from the shoe where I pivot, but not bad enought to be a problem. I love 'em. They run a bit wide, which I have snow shovel feet, and they're actually real durable considering how light, cool, and comfortable they are. Totally waterproof, with no degradation there after almost 6 hard months.

...and they're about $20-30 cheaper than the Delas. And they look better. IMO, Keen's mistake was making a DG-specific shoe that's not necessarily any better for DG than their regular line-up, meaning DGers are just as likely to play another Keen model, and non DG-ers aren't likely to pay more for (IMO) funky looking Delas, either, only available in black/red for men, they look like black sneakers, which I simply can't abide.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, the type of shoe in general that a player prefers varies widely, so a "hiker" type dedicated DG shoe won't necessarily storm the market. Some players like skate shoes, some running shoes, some prefer full boots, etc.

This is probably A) a smart move by Keen that B) doesn't/won't mean that there's a problem between Keen and DG.

They were better than regular Keens. The one piece molded toe that extends over the top is a perfect example as to how they were different that regular Keens.

Its a shame that they are discontinuing them but all I have ever heard about the Keen disc golf shoes has been bad. I was hoping that when the DeLa's came out that they would be better than the Milo's, but I held off on buying them, and glad I did now. I have used a pair of Columbia's the past two years and they are just starting to age enough to buy a new pair. The previous two years before that I had a pair of North Face shoes. Loved both pairs and they were both cheaper than any Keen's that I have seen.

I had a pair of Columbia's before my Milo II's and like Shag, they lasted me better than a year and a half. Same playing schedule and the Milo II's lasted me 6 months before the soles started separating. I emailed Keen but I am not expecting much..........

Is Keen going to make another DG shoe to replace the Dela. Similar to the Dela replacing the Milo.

I bought a pair of Oboz up here in Alaska and I wear them exclusivly in snow, ice, rain, mud, rocks, and trees. Best pair of Shoes I have ever purchased!! The toe gaurds actually hold up, these shoes are waterproof and keep feet dry.

i will not buy any Keen shoe.

I bought a pair of Oboz up here in Alaska and I wear them exclusivly in snow, ice, rain, mud, rocks, and trees. Best pair of Shoes I have ever purchased!! The toe gaurds actually hold up, these shoes are waterproof and keep feet dry.

i will not buy any Keen shoe.

Yeah, but Keens are great when your playing up a tree....?

When I bought shoes last year, I went with the Targhee IIs over the Delas, the lack of a mid-height was the dealbreaker for me. That said, I wish I had just bought another pair of Moabs.

Umm, doesn't every pair of keens have the toe coverage, even the sandals?

Not the same thing. They will not rip through like most other shoes. It covers a larger portion of the toe area.

5275-01057-2271-060_01.jpg

this is a light, waterproof, breathable, gore-tex equipped shoe built for Disc Golfers that cost $120. not to mention the 1 year warranty where they replace your shoe no questions asked if you have a picture and a receipt. Basically getting 2 shoes for the price of one.

Last edited:
I'm wearing the Tsali 2.0 now and before I had the Tsali 1.0.

If you pivot hard on your heel the bottom will eventually seperate. The one I'm wearing now has just started to seperate and I've been wearing it probably half a year; but i wear these shoes all the time. I just took some superglue and glued it back together and it's fine.

I had my Tsali 1.0s for over a year and while they've worn the front right toe where I drag I still wear them every now and then. They held up better than most shoes I've ever had. Even ones designed for more stress.

Extremely comfortable shoes and super light weight. Lots of heel support and theyre mostly mesh so it's very breathable. Not waterproof if that's your gig.

have you ever tried shoe goo? puts super glue to shame. incredible product for much more than shoes too. used to use it on skate shoes now its a go to adhesive

Too bad. I was getting ready to order a pair. I still might, if they'll be available on the keen store for another week or two.

...and maybe 15 people are devastated.

I personally know more than 15 people who have bought these. So just cause you don't like them doesn't mean people don't.

They were the ONLY pair of shoes directly marketed to Disc Golfers. Other shoes work great for disc golf as well, but they were marketed directly at disc golfers. That's huge. Seems some people had issues with them, but i've known people with issues with every brand mentioned. I'm giving salomons a shot myself here, was going to get dela's, but if they are discontinued, i don't want to mess with that if i have any issues.