• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN Delaveaga discontinued

Never had any problems with the delas, the difference between the over toe on them and the other keens is its a one piece design, unlike the Milo's, which helped to keep them from tearing up as easy as the others...

water resistant maybe, but i dont think any of these shoes are truly waterproof are they? 30 minutes in dew soaked high grass and the water is coming in

Nope, mine are not waterproof; quite water resistant though. Added incentive to not miss the fairways.

There is a waterproof version, but it knocked the price up from $80 to $150 or so.

My Delas are starting to come apart after about 6 months. I guess I can't get them replaced now.

I think I'm going back to Merrells next. The Airlights have lasted forever and are super light, if not waterproof. I think I might try Moabs. Are Moabs heavy?

I think I might try Moabs. Are Moabs heavy?

Moabs are a littleheavier than dela's, but dela's are exceptionally light shoes. I've played in both and I preferred the dela's. Moabs held up great though.

Back on topic: I had 3 pairs of Delaveagas and all three of them crapped out within a handful of rounds. 2 pairs had the inner heel section of the sole detach within 1 round and the last pair I had had a section of the sole under the forefoot completely detach from the rest of the sole. Maybe mine were lemons, but I would never recommend them. Keen has fantastic customer service and is a great company to deal with/buy from/support/etc.

I wear Gypsums now and I have put a few hundred rounds plus many hiking miles on them and they are holding up great. These are the best shoe for dg I have personally worn. Wide toe box with slightly narrower heel and decent arch support fits my foot perfectly.

Local shoe store told me KEEN was going to discontinue the Delaveaga line. I called KEEN, and they confirmed.

my pos shoes feel apart after 3 months of very very casual playing. worst purchase ever never again. i even contacted keen they told me to f myself, litterly the rubber separated and split mid sole and the sides as well, terrible shoe and company.

my pos shoes feel apart after 3 months of very very casual playing. worst purchase ever never again. i even contacted keen they told me to f myself, litterly the rubber separated and split mid sole and the sides as well, terrible shoe and company.

That sucks! Using the warranty on their site I've gotten $120 credit for the Delas being sub par.

I have Moabs, used them all last year, showing signs of wear, but i think they will last another season no problem.. and they feel AMAZING compared to my keens... the keens just feel cheap and dont fit my feet as well.

1 year wear and tear. 2 year on the waterproofing

I'm one of them. Not devastated but sad as De La is where it all began for me and to buy a DG shoe that was named after the course was awesome! They have been durable and comfortable but for some reason others have had a hard time with them. Maybe it's their form...;)

Its all OAT. :D

I simply wear New Balance Minimus running shoes. WTH do you all do in your shoes to tear em up so badly? Why are you draging your toes etc? The pivot is on the heel/outside of the foot and from what I've seen of most pros is fairly flat and controlled. I don't get how you're tearing up shoes so badly.

Some folks drag their back foot along the ground on their toe as they release/follow through. I lift mine in the air, so no dragging, and my shoes last. Some baseball pitchers would drag their back leg as well, I never did that either. My shoes would last a full season, some teammates would go through 2-3 pairs a year due to toe drag. We were all good pitchers, so it's just a different style I guess.

Takes me back to "Days of Thunder" when Cole trickle does the tire test. Does good both ways, but one way tears up his tires, and one way doesn't....I couldn't afford new shoes every 2 months, so I learned how to be successful and to save my shoes also.

IMO, the Dela's/MILO/Wasatch Crest were a tad too heavy and bulky. They were tanks. The non-water proof Wasatch's were a little better. If they can design something sporty looking, but not as big, I'd buy some. Might be easier said than done.

When I bought shoes last year, I went with the Targhee IIs over the Delas, the lack of a mid-height was the dealbreaker for me. That said, I wish I had just bought another pair of Moabs.

I went with Targhee IIs when I won a pair from DGPlanet.tv for the same reason. I like the mid-height boot because it keep my feet dry in soggy areas on the courses around here. The tread on my first pair started coming apart after 3 months. I got a second pair through warranty and they're doing the same thing. I think I'll keep gluing them back together and hope something better it available in another year.

Same thing happened to me on the targhee's. The smaller pointed edges of the sole that wrap up the sides of the shoe started coming off very quickly. Look for a pair that does not have that sole design. Gypsum's are what I wear. The soles are very firmly seated on the shoe.

Latest posts