• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN Delaveaga discontinued

IMO, the Dela's/MILO/Wasatch Crest were a tad too heavy and bulky. They were tanks. The non-water proof Wasatch's were a little better. If they can design something sporty looking, but not as big, I'd buy some. Might be easier said than done.

This exactly. Sure it is nice to have a waterproof shoe, but I honestly don't play when it is raining unless I have a tournament or need to practice. I like a lightweight disc golf shoe that doesn't feel like it is dragging me down. I have a worn down pair of Merrell's I use as my water shoe, because its a mud shoe. I don't care if it gets muddy/wet(or my feet)

I honestly would prefer to buy a $60-80 lightweight hiking shoe designed for dg that I knew I was replacing in 6-8 months. I expect DG shoes to break down, they can't stop that from happening in our sport. I think they would sell a lot more shoes if they made something cheap, lightweight, and replaceable where people didn't expect a warranty. Paying $120+ for a DG shoe that is billed as capable of holding up to everything with a warranty just leads to a let down.

I loved the Targhee 2s for comfort, but they were super heavy. Merrell Moab Ventillators are what I had after that, and I guess I will go back to those or maybe try a waterproof version. How do the waterproof Moabs compare to the Ventillators in terms of weight and how hot they are to wear?

My DeLa's have held up just fine but then again I am only 135 lbs and extremely light footed on the tee, I've never really trashed any shoe playing disc golf. I pivot on my heel and not my toe so that eliminates the sidewalls blowing out on my dominant foot.

I've ripped the heels(in the middle of the sole, not side) off my last two types of merrells. Glued one back in/down

Texas rocks aren't easy on shoes

I had a slight rip on the inside portion at the heel on my plant foot (heel pivoter) a month after buying my Delas.

Keen took care of me, I never glued them, and have worn them since. There is next to no tread left on the bottom from wear, and they are still kicking with no more damage and the WP still intact.

My Targahee II Mid lasted me 2 years of DG with 3 years of hiking and backpacking on top of that, including winter golf before they gave up the ghost.

Sad to see the Dela go, I liked them. I don't feel they are heavy at all.

I loved the Targhee 2s for comfort, but they were super heavy. Merrell Moab Ventillators are what I had after that, and I guess I will go back to those or maybe try a waterproof version. How do the waterproof Moabs compare to the Ventillators in terms of weight and how hot they are to wear?

I just looked up the weights and was surprised to discover that the regular Moabs (both waterproof and ventilator) are about twice as heavy as the the Targhee IIs (even in the mid) and the Delaveagas. Maybe I'll go back to the Targhee IIs. I wonder why I thought they were so heavy?

hmm, moab goretex or moab waterproof....what's the real difference for folks who've had both? does the gore-tex block puddles better, but makes feet hot in the summer more? why pay extra $20 for the gore-tex over the std waterproof?

Do folks use waterproofing spray on these already waterproof shoes too? i use waterproofing spray on my skate shoes, and its great for dew on the grass, but not puddles/rain.

I love my Delas..haven't had a single problem with 'em. 165lbs. After tearing up the toe of my Moabs, I simply learned to NOT drag my toe. that problem was instantly fixed. If you need forceful training, wearing open toe sandals for a while. That'll teach ya to not drag!!
Seriously though, I'm really sad that they're being discontinued. I'd hoped they would evolve and progress. They've lasted twice as long as my Moabs. The Moabs might last longer for me now since I don't drag, but who knows.
When reading review online, you have to remember the rule. 4 out of 5 dissatisfied users will review/post/comment. 1-2 out of 5 satisfied will review/comment. Because, c'mon. Its human nature to complain, and want someone to hear you. But if you're happy, you're happy, and you're less likely to go out of your way to tell people you're happy. Since I got them, I've probably posted 4 total comments about how I like them alot. Whereas people love to jump on the "Yeah, mine sucked too!" Bandwagon. Especially here on DGCR ;) (I know I'm included in that!)

hmm, moab goretex or moab waterproof....what's the real difference for folks who've had both? does the gore-tex block puddles better, but makes feet hot in the summer more? why pay extra $20 for the gore-tex over the std waterproof?

Do folks use waterproofing spray on these already waterproof shoes too? i use waterproofing spray on my skate shoes, and its great for dew on the grass, but not puddles/rain.

Dunno the diff, but my Gore-tex Moabs were nice. Didn't get too hot, but it was noticeable. Goretex is on the inside, so a spray would do more to protect the surface. Goretex is probably more breathable than the std, if I had to guess.

I put in an order for a pair this afternoon. I had been contemplating it for a couple weeks and figured that now was the time, while there's still stock out there.

I had a pair of Columbia's before my Milo II's and like Shag, they lasted me better than a year and a half. Same playing schedule and the Milo II's lasted me 6 months before the soles started separating. I emailed Keen but I am not expecting much..........

Well two and a half weeks later they got back with me. Gave me a 50% discount on any new pair of their shoes. I went ahead and got a new pair of Dela's for $60. shipped. I am pleasantly surprised that they did anything since I didn't have my receipt. I will take it and say that I am happy with their service and warranty at least. I hope the Dela's are better than the Milo II's though..........

Patagonia is where it's at

Unless you buy their waterproof drifter a/c :| I had 2 pairs fall apart within 2 weeks. The sole kept coming unglued and the waterproofing never worked. It took over a month to get the first pair back and they wanted me to give them another 2 months to fix the second pair :mad:

Latest posts