Raleigh, NC

Kentwood

2.775(based on 63 reviews)
A few weeks ago we came upon hole 14 - the long one that starts with a memorial bench painted like a Canadian flag. Yesterday we saw that someone drew a very crude "Disc charger" in the middle of the maple leaf (complete with "eh's" and terrible penmanship). Way to go, jerks.

A few weeks ago we came upon hole 14 - the long one that starts with a memorial bench painted like a Canadian flag. Yesterday we saw that someone drew a very crude "Disc charger" in the middle of the maple leaf (complete with "eh's" and terrible penmanship). Way to go, jerks.
I've been playing Kentwood for many years and have generally found the people who play the course to be friendly and polite. As I have been playing basically since the course was built I've seen Raleigh grow and crowds increase across the board. With COVID-19 the days the course is "packed" have increased exponentially. During this time it has become common practice for singles to ask to play through vs waiting behind groups of 4-6. I don't mind this and have begun doing this myself on the more frequent full days. With increased crowds you can expect a few bad apples now and then. During the last 30+ years I've been playing here I've experienced only a couple of mild episodes of rudeness twice. Once when a player thought he was Mr. GQ Disc Golf tried to make fun of my shoes and another time when I asked to play through a group of 20-somethings and one of them piped up "Sure Hot Rod". I proceeded to tee 17 and parked my disc against the pole under the basket. I walked down with the group all of whom were friendly and stared down "Jr." as he missed an easy birdie putt. It's always best to lead by example!

Anyone lose a disc near hole #10 last week? If so, describe the disc and I will bring it to you.

Latest posts