• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kona Montgomery announces cancer diagnosis

Luckj

Par Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Kona posted on Instagram that she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She mentioned that it appears to be very treatable. According to the Mayo Clinic, thyroid issues can create anxiety and apatite issues as well as fatigue and hormone imbalance.
Given the way the online disc golf community has treated her since her signing I think this adds an important perspective on factors that may have impacted her play and reminds us that maybe we don't know everything that is going on in a player's life.
Anyway, prayers for a quick recovery and I hope to see her back and better than ever on tour!

Last edited:
Best wishes and prayers for her.

Wishing her nothing but the best. Can't imagine having to deal with that at such a young age, during what should be the prime of her career.
...reminds us that maybe we don't know everything that is going on in a player's life.
So true. Reality is we really don't know squat about what's going on in hardly any any well known people's lives.

Last edited:
Not sure what the exact protocol is for thyroid cancer, but I'm sure it won't be fun.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery Kona.

Latest posts