• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tartar putting style

discerdoo

* Ace Member *
I'm trying to emulate her style of putting. I've naturally evolved into a straddle/spin putter but her form seems pretty ideal. I don't practice putting near enough but a couple things have helped me recently.

Slow down my "downstroke". I'll paint the pole a couple times, then cover the link I'm targeting with the disc. Slowing the final downstroke has helped me get a more consistent release/wrist snap. I picked that up from watching her. Bending my knees a bit more to get more spring when needed has helped too, instead of more arm.

Anybody else have some tidbits of wisdom for this putting style? I should probably emulate Kristin's whole game, she's a complete player. Some of you geeks, please feel free to post video of her putting. ��

I'm trying to emulate her style of putting. I've naturally evolved into a straddle/spin putter but her form seems pretty ideal. I don't practice putting near enough but a couple things have helped me recently.

Slow down my "downstroke". I'll paint the pole a couple times, then cover the link I'm targeting with the disc. Slowing the final downstroke has helped me get a more consistent release/wrist snap. I picked that up from watching her. Bending my knees a bit more to get more spring when needed has helped too, instead of more arm.

Anybody else have some tidbits of wisdom for this putting style? I should probably emulate Kristin's whole game, she's a complete player. Some of you geeks, please feel free to post video of her putting. ��

One tip I have is to focus on the link you want to hit instead of covering it. It is easier to hit something you can see and focus on. The rest of it sounds good. Kristin's for for putting and driving is so compact and repeatable. Very simple movements.

One tip I have is to focus on the link you want to hit instead of covering it. It is easier to hit something you can see and focus on. The rest of it sounds good. Kristin's for for putting and driving is so compact and repeatable. Very simple movements.

I actually pick it up again as soon as I start the downstroke. But it probably makes sense to hold just below my target and stay locked on to it. Gonna give that a whirl.

Can't fault anyone for emulating Kristen's putt, but...

Something about this this thread seems a bit fishy. :\

:p

To drk's point she generates a lot of power from her legs, similar to Kevin Jones.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help it whenever I see tartar out of context.

I don't know much about putting consistently but I do agree with her statement that the wrist is the most important thing. Good video post Flyzer!