• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KY/TN vacation

jakebake91

* Ace Member *
Hello everyone!

I'm in the rough phase (daydreaming?) of planning a DG getaway soon-ish. Need to escape life for a little while haha.

Looking for suggestions for a "home base" area and nearby course suggestions. Had my eyes on maybe Kentucky or Tennessee just because I'd like to travel that direction, and could get there in *reasonable* time.

I'm driving from western WI, so maybe any other "can't miss" courses I should hit? I have no interest in playing in the snow though, and will probably be heading down in november/December.

Probably won't have much more than 4 days total, so it's more of a sprint than a vacay I suppose.

Just fishing for ideas!!!

Thanks!

Which part? Northern Ky has Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge plus Mt Airy right across the river and many more worth while courses in the area.

Open to pretty much anywhere that's not buried in a mountain of snow. I kind of had the Murfreesboro TN area in mind, but for really no reason other than it was one of the first places I clicked on haha.

But I like the sounds of those courses in KY

If you visit or pass through Cinci-tucky on your trip, stop by and pay me a visit at Hidden Ridge. (You'd be just the second Wisconsonite.)

I'm about 35-45 minutes south of Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge.

You really can't go wrong in this area, tons of good to great courses.

You could stay in this area for a week and not play all the courses that are worth traveling to.

While they aren't wrong about the Cincy/N. KY courses, you could play for 4 days and not have to "settle" for any courses, it's really hard to say what you may encounter weather wise. I would maybe plan for either there, or if you want/need t go further south to get better weather I would recommend Nashville. There are several really great courses around there as well, Seven Oaks, Cedar Hill, Cane Ridge, Oggwood. I'd keep both in mind and let the weather dictate your final decision.

While they aren't wrong about the Cincy/N. KY courses, you could play for 4 days and not have to "settle" for any courses, it's really hard to say what you may encounter weather wise. I would maybe plan for either there, or if you want/need t go further south to get better weather I would recommend Nashville. There are several really great courses around there as well, Seven Oaks, Cedar Hill, Cane Ridge, Oggwood. I'd keep both in mind and let the weather dictate your final decision.

This was going to be my 2nd suggestion. Bowling Green, Ky is just north of there, great place to stop along the way.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Weather might be a big factor. After talking things over with the wife, this might end up being a January/February trip instead. So snow is going to be a big factor. Don't care about temperature really at all, just snow on the ground. Anywhere is going to feel warm from where im coming from haha.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Weather might be a big factor. After talking things over with the wife, this might end up being a January/February trip instead. So snow is going to be a big factor. Don't care about temperature really at all, just snow on the ground. Anywhere is going to feel warm from where im coming from haha.

That time of year in Nashville it will most likely be cold (the temperatures varies though) but the chances of snow at all are always pretty slim to non existent.

If you're going to be in the Murfreesboro/Nashville area...Barfield is the course in Murfreesboro and is definitely worth playing. Also, check out Cane Ridge, a few miles north of there, it has an advanced course and a short/technical course at the same park and both are really fun. Seven Oaks is the most popular course in the Nashville area but I recommend going early in the day because it gets busy in the afternoons and weekends. Cedar Hill is my personal favorite course in town and is where the MPO played the Music City Open this year. Just north of town, White House has become my second favorite course around Nashville. It's different from the rest, still wooded but in a different way. There are quite a few other courses around town but those are the best, IMO.

Latest posts