• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LA, MS, AL next week 2/18-24

Spot on about Graham Creek. I enjoyed Pecan Hollow (played it first). Then was so disappointed with the other two. Just noticed there's a fourth course there now. I'm sure the gf will drag me to the beach soon so I can opportunistically play it.

I was browsing and seen 4 courses there. According to the Udisc it appeared to be a completely different layout. I added it then and there. If I go to Florida ever, this would be the area most likely. I hope you review it 👍

As far as Lincoln Ridge, I loved it. The sketchy hill holes by the creek were the saving grace though. The rest is just ok. That pond DID stink on the last few lol.

Man, the devastation from the pine beetle down here is heartbreaking. The courses, and more importantly the ecosystem, are going to be irreparably changed.

We played Chautauqua Park DGC a couple days ago and it was a homeless camp. JFC. Pulled into a basically empty parking lot and found three homeless guys camping under the Welcome Center overhang. Another half dozen longing about the gardens and benches of the parking lot. Very sketchy, but lock the doors and get moving....right. We get to hole two to find a stoner kid, hitting rocks into #2's basket with a stick. Well, I take a seat and get UDisc pulled up and figure the kid will wear himself out. After a while, as he clearly sees us waiting, we simply decide to skip the hole. We then find another three or four kids hanging out on the green of #2 as we approach. Is school out? WTF. We move on to the tee pad of three, up the hill and find another half dozen stoners, smoking down on the pad. So, we ask what's going on? They are clearly not disc golfers. We were told to mind our business....fair enough, we skipped three and moved along to four. Ran into some more kids, but the round was fairly uneventful from there. A shitty round. Worrying about the car, concerned for the safety of my wife and dog. I am not sure if this is the norm for this place, but I abhor this kind of shit when bagging. Sure DOES NOT happen very often.

Rest of this trip has been spectacular. Got over to play Claiborne Lake yesterday. What a day of disc golf. Terrific courses.

Wow that is very different from my experience but parks maintenance was there working. Now I'm glad they were!

wow, I came across some walkers, but mostly other disc golfers out on the course. There was some construction on hole 1 but the basket was in the short right position so they didn't come into play.

Claiborne was designed my Mike Brown, he has actually desined and installed every state park course in Louisiana so far. Each one gets harder and harder. He is working on Sam Houston Jones State Park right now down near Lake Charles. He is also doing the finishing touches on South Toledo Bend State Park. North Toledo Bend State park has 2 championship level courses. I have only gotten to play the lake course. I overheated (it was over 100) the day I played it and skipped hillside.

Sometimes you catch a place on a bad day. I'm sure it's not usually more stoners than baskets per hole.

As someone who strictly adheres to the reviews are more important than ratings ideal, you do realize nobody who uses this site and wants to play this course is likely to see this post, right? Much less yours.

Disc golf course REVIEW.

We're going backwards...

Sometimes you catch a place on a bad day. I'm sure it's not usually more stoners than baskets per hole.

As someone who strictly adheres to the reviews are more important than ratings ideal, you do realize nobody who uses this site and wants to play this course is likely to see this post, right? Much less yours.

Disc golf course REVIEW.

We're going backwards...
My post was more venting than judging. I was also just looking for some solace, from some of the more serious baggers. I kind of assumed the experience was an anomaly.

Yes....we should ALL review the courses we play. But, I am not going to. This does not temper my deep appreciation for those who do. You are all a very special breed and I honestly DO feel guilty from time to time for my lack of contribution.

As someone who strictly adheres to the reviews are more important than ratings ideal...

We're going backwards...

Going backwards IMO is celebrating any and all reviews regardless of their over inflated ratings. I very much appreciate all the reviewers (and do try sometimes myself) but would rather have no review than a review with a garbage rating.

I stand by the ratings I have given and would happily debate anyone who disagrees. I think this more conservative rating scale is large part of what makes us a better resource than the other app.

Last edited: