• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lake Raking Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the water affect the discs? Discolored? Warped? Stinky?

I have always wondered what it does to each plastic. Plastic is not biodegradable is it? If you were to throw some discs in a bucket of water for whatever time and later take a comparison water sample, would it contain a small amount of plastic? Or does it just sit there or warp?

I have always wondered what it does to each plastic. Plastic is not biodegradable is it? If you were to throw some discs in a bucket of water for whatever time and later take a comparison water sample, would it contain a small amount of plastic? Or does it just sit there or warp?

In the presence of sunlight, oxygen, and bacteria plastic will degrade. I have found older discs in shallow water that look and feel spongy. The plastic comes off sort of like a really slow alkaseltzer.

CE plastic seems most immune to staining, warping, and degrading.
Newer champion plastic next along with discraft's similar stuff
Then good ole dx
Then star plastic, which I've noticed, stains easily

Hey while you got that rake out, if you are still in Texas, you should rake the course in Coppell (Andrew Brown). I've only went swimming there once, and I pulled 15. I'm sure there are a ton in the deeper parts.

Fisshy,

i'll let you in on another good course to rake if I tell you and help you, I get half the haul.

Man, some of you peeps are waay too paranoid for your own good.

LOL... I can't wait to see the unlucky bastard who attacks me. Laws in both Texas and Alaska are relaxed. I don't go to many courses without a firearm, especially in Alaska where 44mag is mandatory. Not to mention my shepherd really hates to be left alone, so I take him virtually everywhere.

I haven't had to defend myself in years, but let us just know that I don't really mess around with people trying to exert force on me, or animals for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts