• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lakewood Hills | White Bear Lake, MN

Blaaaake77

Bogey Member
I just got off work an hour ago, about to throw in a pizza in the oven and get out to a new course today, I was thinking about checking out Lakewood Hills, it's about a 30 minute drive from where I live, has anyone else played this course and would recommend it? Or what are some other 18 hole courses that a pretty good in the Twin Cities area? I would like to play a free course today and spend a weekend day at a pay to play course since I don't work on weekends!

18+ hole courses I have played in the Twin Cities

- Acorn Park Roseville, MN - 3.75/5
- Blue Ribbon Pines - East Bethel, MN 4.25/5​

Sadly, that's all for 18 hole courses that I have played in the Twin Cities! :\ Help me out recommend me some, I think Lakewood Hills will be the course for today, looks super fun and has had some good reviews!

For free 18-hole courses on the east side, I would hold off on CP Adams for another few weeks while renovations get completed. Oakwood may still be a bit flooded for a week. Kenwood Trails should be in good shape although soggy in low spots. For weekend pay-for-play, avoid The Valley this Sunday and Kaposia the following Sunday when there will be tournaments.

Lakewood is fun and well kept... havent played it this year yet but I always enjoy a round there. I am going to BRP tonight.

Navigation is a little confusing from Holes 3 through 8 and then again from 11 to 12. The low lying area in the center of the park has three baskets almost on top of each other; Holes 2, 5, and 8. Aside from navigation, Lakewood Hills is definitely a good and challenging course as it will have a little mixture of everything from distance to technical to shaping lines to forcing you to throw lines you may not be comfortable with. You will likely need your full bag.

1st hole is basically a lake. Saw some pond diver dude pulling discs out last week. Really doesn't come into play though unless you throw it poorly. Other then that conditions were good. Course drains pretty well.

Thank you to all you! I am going to go pick up a new driver and head out there right now! I'll let ya guys know what I thought of it later on tonight!

Very fun course, I would definatly recommend this course to others, just make sure you have bug spray they were nasty today! Shot even so I can't complain to much, been in a slump for awhile and shooting even brought my confidence back up, hope to get back out there and get a -5 soon enough!