• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Langley Pond

They haven't opened it to reviews on this site yet. They want to get the next set of tee pads first. Seems reasonable to me.

But I haven't played it, so no input from me.

I really like it a lot. I've played it twice and also helped install pads on a work day.

Big fan of the disc golf park pads. The baskets are fine, nothing special.

It has a lot of great holes, hard par 3s 4s and 5s. Allen and Jason designed some very cool 4s and 5s. On the 4s you often need a perfectly placed drive that isn't particularly long to set up for a technical 2nd shot to the green. I love that style of hole. There is really only 1 or 2 must get 2's and only 3 or 4 of the par threes are somewhat easy.

The only real con from a hole design standpoint to me is that some of the par 3s are not birdieable for a lot of players. Some of the par threes require a drive over 375ish while navigating a technical fairway to get a look at 2. Some players may find this to be a deal breaker, I personally don't have a problem with it. If you can't get there off the tee play for the easy 3, you'll get strokes on dudes who go for glory and fail. Players with both distance AND accuracy get rewarded.

The only other issue is navigation and lay out. Until they get some signs put in (which I know is in the plan) it can be hard to navigate, with some long walks and akward transitions between holes. Its already a long course, add in some long walks between holes and you're gonna put some miles on the legs. I'm also fine with this. I'd rather play 18 excellent holes with wierd transitions Then 18 average holes that flow better.

If you are familiar with Augusta disc golf Langley reminds me a lot of Warner at the IDGC. Pretty similar style, just shorter par 4s and longer par 3s.

I played it in December and thought it was excellent. At that time,navigation was a challenge, but they may have signs up by now. Print a map. A solid addition to the already loaded dg scene around Augusta. A worthy destination in my book

More and more is being done every week, practice basket was installed this week, next tee signs are ordered, and we are beginning on phase 2 build of the second set of teepads as well as the driving range. We will open the reviews up at the beginning of march once we are preparing for the grand opening at the end of March.

We just dont want players to pre maturely rate it low due to lack of benches or signage which is all getting added shortly.

I've played it several times and love it. Transitions are really, really long in places, but it has some fantastic holes! It's going to be a 4.25-4.50 course.