• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Last of the 2011 USDGC Champion Rocs

JustSayin'

Par Member
Info on final release of the 2011 USDGC Rocs.......

As many of you already know, Dave Dunipace recently produced a new batch of USDGC Champion Rocs. We asked for "stiff and stable" Ranchos and Dave delivered. This new batch immediately grabbed the attention of many Innova employees as they look and feel great. They fly well too. Not ridiculously over stable, but noticeably more so than recent runs. To my knowledge the new Roc has been tested by Dave himself, Steve Wisecup (CA molder), Trey Johnson (SC), Zeb Campbell (SC), Henry Childres (SC), Matt Peckham (SC), David Wiggins, Jr. and me. We only used one Roc to test here in Rock Hill and it is in our possession.

Before the arrival of this run we were planning to do another charity-specific release prior to the USDGC. That plan has changed. Skeet has been working on a design recently that showcases the US Champion's ring which is something we have never done. I received a version of the art this morning and like Dave D., Skeet has delivered. The hot stamp will feature the ring from 3 different angles in order showcase the various engravings. We will produce 3 versions of the stamp; one each for Dave Feldberg, Barry Schultz, and Ken Climo respectively.

We have chosen these three US Champions because they will be in attendance this October. Each will each perform a nightly clinic as part of the Innova Champions Series, presented by Tennessee's Cloud 9 Disc Golf. We plan to release each player's stamp following their clinics which will take place outside the clubhouse at Winthrop. In addition to the hot stamp version of the design, we plan to release a very small number of InnColor Rocs using the same design, only in full color. These discs should be spectacular and complete a very compelling set of USDGC Rocs.

Rather than do a last minute, charitable release, we have decided to take pre-orders on the new Skeet design. All USDGC Partners (2010 and 2011) will be able to place orders once the design is complete. Discs will not ship until after the USDGC, but Partners are guaranteed discs even if you cannot make it to Rock Hill. The quantity available to each Partner has yet to be determined.

One other item of interest relates to Team Innova. We are looking for performance-related feedback on this new run of Rocs. To that end, we produced 130 Rocs for members of Team Innova. All of the team discs were identical. Bright orange, 180g, with our "Team Wings" logo in a white pigment foil. These discs will be given to team members attending the Vibram Open this weekend. We will ship discs to our other team members beginning next week. I just wanted you to know what we did, and why we did it. I think this will also create greater awareness of and interest in this new run of Rocs, which should ultimately benefit the collector.

Last edited: