• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 halo

Opto might be a different story, the optos I've thrown have been pretty beefy.

Yea. It should definatly be more stable than a star boss. Mine was by a good margin.

according to latitude64 theyre not as beefy as a boss.also in my experience with both my halo's they arent like a boss. tick less in stability but still damn good for big hyzers.

according to latitude64 theyre not as beefy as a boss.also in my experience with both my halo's they arent like a boss. tick less in stability but still damn good for big hyzers.

Yeah, I think they're right. My Halo is a lot flatter than my 1st run champ boss but the wing of the boss is sharper (less beveled?).

I'm not sure were anyone is getting that it is more overstable then a boss. Maybe the r-pro boss I guess.

I have a halo in both plastics and the opto-line is definately a touch more stable then the gold line. A player that can throw 400ft can easily flip a halo in either plastic. The optoline tends to fight back a little if you over cook it but my gold line will not. It can hold and anny no problem. Both are extremly fast. I would compare my optoline to a destroyer that is faster with a touch less glide then a destroyer. They are close in distance with the halo probably be a touch longer but the destroyer being a little more consistant. My goldline one is comparable to a brand new z flash or maybe a pro wraith. I can throw it with a touch or hyzer and get it to stand up and go pretty much dead straight for 90% of it's flight and it is extremely fast. Probably a touch faster then the optoline. It seems to work better for line drives, slight tailwinds, etc. Both are very nice dics and I recommend them to anyone.

I repeat though, these discs are no were near as stable as a champion or star boss. Think of them as what the groove was supposed to be when innova released them.

As a side note I also just got a goldline striker and it is and excellent control driver. It's not as long as my opto striker but definately more controllable.

Last edited:
well you might of gotten one of the freak halos then cause a buddy of mine had his flipping like nothing. im just stating what tomas at lat64 said they were supposed to be rated at stability wise. from what he said,mine are between a boss and destroyer.not meat hooks by any means but definitely not stable like my destroyers to flip flat. i have a katana and 2 halos....both perform nothing like eachother. my goldline and opto halo's are exactly the same,i can throw them both on the same line and get the same distance.they are indeed about a hair further than my pro and star destroyers though. it also depends what weight you have too,tomas said they lighter ones will definitely be less beefy than one in a higher weight. i throw 400+ consistantly now and i can flip it but i have to add some anny to it. iits a great disc,dont get me wrong,i just think there are some taht are comparing it wrongly cuz of a lighter weight or a freak halo.it was touted the "boss killer" anyway,but either way,its a good disc

Then i would have to say their runs are not very consistent because a friend of mine and i had the first ones in our town, both identical green opto 171g, Both were more stable than a boss, i throw 420' he throws 450' consistently and honest to god, they are both very over stable, if either of us throw them on an anhyzer, they will flex back and go 400+. But they wont hold the line like a beat in star boss.

agreed ^ ive only thrown a boss a few times so i guess my assessment to a boss isnt really accurate but it is more stable than my destroyers. either way its far from understable so anybody who is flipping these either has a freak halo like my buddy or they have a really light one and are OAT'ing it

When i get mine I'll have to make an assessment. I have similar distance as you guys and throw a star boss BH for max D (172g). I just hope this thing is a little more stable than my boss (just a little is fine).

just picked up Gold line Halo, Striker and Vision

Halo is NOTHING like a Boss... much less stable and less glide. NOT good in the wind, flips that much easier. I would say it flies more like a groove, just a tad slower, but the groove is champion plastic. Maybe the Opto line is more like a boss...

Love the vision for easy flip and roller drives... so easy to control, so predictable
The Striker is a straight flyer, good speed and not a lot of skip. NIce for tunnel shots:)

Hard time getting the Halo turn over?

Go for a lighter weight!
We made them down to 163g and all I can say is that the 165g is sweet and not as stable as the 173g tested in this thread.

Small arm, light weight...

Welcome to DGCR! Lat64 is my favorite disc company and I throw almost exclusively that. Thanks!

Halo is definitely not as stable as a Boss (I threw both 175g ones). Maybe more on the lines of a Nuke. I would say that there is no noticable difference between speeds of the Halo and Boss though. The rim depth is also shallower than a Boss as well.

Does the Halo have a flat inside rim like most Innova and Discraft discs? I am taking about what your finger tips grip to. For example the Blitz has like a 70 degree angle where your finger tips grip the disc and Boss has a 90 degree angle. I want to know before I buy one because I have a lot of trouble throwing something with a sloped rim.

The more I throw mine (172 gold line) the more it feels like a worn in Destroyer to me.

The inner rim is definitely not the same as a Boss and Nuke. I kinda like the rim on the Halo, I just wish it was just a fraction deeper and steeper.

Latest posts