• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Fuse

Hmmm sounds like i may have to give a gold line fuse a try.

Any word on how the RGL fuses fly in comparison to the Opto and GL?

I never got to try one of those out.

I'm going to say it's in middle of the Opto and GL. Just a guess so I could be wrong.

alright maybe i can hunt a GL fuse down on my way down to charlotte, nc tomorrow!

Hmm, I have both a GL and opto fuse, and so far I like the GL's flight more. But the GL is 180 and the opto is like high 160s or low 170s.

Both nice discs, but I'd still rather throw my champ panther.

I'm not really a fan of the recycled line. Although I like the grip enough, they seem to be a bit more stable for me and that's not the spot the Fuse should be filling in my bag. Not an awful line of plastic, but I just feel more consistent with the GL or better yet Opto line.

I'm not really a fan of the recycled line. Although I like the grip enough, they seem to be a bit more stable for me and that's not the spot the Fuse should be filling in my bag. Not an awful line of plastic, but I just feel more consistent with the GL or better yet Opto line.

I like the Saint recycled line, but for the Fuse my choice would be a heavy opto 177-180. I have thrown both the opto and gl and the gL hyzer flipped easier but was more finicky w/ nose angle, release angle etc. The opto just handles a bit more power and for my play stayle really works great in my bag. Now I am going to open this can of worms, I prefer opto way more than gl anyways there I said it haha.

just stay away from the test run material...........

....if you don't like base plastic. It'll beat in as about the same speed as an X Comet, maybe a tick quicker. But it's certainly an option if you like base plastic and want something that'll be utility-level understable.

Ye Olde Fuse Thread Arise!

So in JohnE McCray's last ITB video he says he has a possum Fuse. What is a possum Fuse? Anybody?

It's that disc that plays dead in his bag so he will never pull it out.

Serves the purpose of being a visible divider between discs he actually uses.

Ye Olde Fuse Thread Arise!

So in JohnE McCray's last ITB video he says he has a possum Fuse. What is a possum Fuse? Anybody?

I think is had a Possum stamp. As I recall, the possum looked liked like a dead road kill. Not sure why someone would choose to put a stamp of a dead road kill possum on a disc.

Last edited:
Hmmm sounds like i may have to give a gold line fuse a try.

Any word on how the RGL fuses fly in comparison to the Opto and GL?

My RGL was quite a bit flippier than Opto, even test material, even though it was heavier. Never threw a gl. Only one disc, but just relaying what I know.

It was also pretty slick. Beautiful swirly purple/pink disc, but I ended up selling it.

I have a single goldline Fuse, its a 169g and its super flippy. Like a midrange Mamba. I'm not sure if this was a freak or if its normal for 169g GL Fuses to be this flippy as I've only thrown a single Fuse

I have a single goldline Fuse, its a 169g and its super flippy. Like a midrange Mamba. I'm not sure if this was a freak or if its normal for 169g GL Fuses to be this flippy as I've only thrown a single Fuse

Generally i would say Latitude got slightly less stable molds relative to their numbers and Innova equivalents, maybe we simply throw slower up here on our frozen wooded courses. :)

Anything even designed to have some turn i would keep close max weight, especially if you want it to be at sweetspot beat in rather than fresh, for 3 months.

Funny this thread is alive, i found a Opto Fuse, thrown one round, unnamed and no one at the tournament missed it. Letting it replace my slightly US gold-x Compass to see how it does, comfy rim. :p

Fuses get flippy quickly the lower in weight you go. Opto and GL Fuses in 175-180 are generally neutral {and (o)(o)}. RGL Fuses are flippier. Test Material Fuses are instant throw-llers. The Fuse is not for torque monkeys.

My RGL was quite a bit flippier than Opto, even test material, even though it was heavier. Never threw a gl. Only one disc, but just relaying what I know.

It was also pretty slick. Beautiful swirly purple/pink disc, but I ended up selling it.

Sold mine pretty soon after i bought, just didnt like the feel.

Anyone compared an Opto Fuse to a Star Mako3? If so, what do you think of each?

I currently have a Lucid DD Truth as my straight mid. Unfortunately when I throw it under about 90% power it has a slight fade at the very end. Most of the time I can play for the fade but my home course has a lot of trees so there are times I need a disc that will give me a straight flight at 70% power and below. I've been waiting for my Truth to break in to that disc but it isn't happening. I'm looking at either the Opto Fuse or the Star Mako3 for that straight as an arrow medium power spot.

Thanks for any and all input!

TripleB

Anyone compared an Opto Fuse to a Star Mako3? If so, what do you think of each?

I currently have a Lucid DD Truth as my straight mid. Unfortunately when I throw it under about 90% power it has a slight fade at the very end. Most of the time I can play for the fade but my home course has a lot of trees so there are times I need a disc that will give me a straight flight at 70% power and below. I've been waiting for my Truth to break in to that disc but it isn't happening. I'm looking at either the Opto Fuse or the Star Mako3 for that straight as an arrow medium power spot.

Thanks for any and all input!

TripleB

Mako3 is very very straight, has "good" glide but it's the amount you would expect out of straight mids of that speed range. Very predictable from what I have seen, won't mess around on you too much. I really think it would overlap a ton with a straight Truth, although it may be a bit easier to power down while the Truth would get more distance on lower lines I bet.

Fuse is extra glidey, and can be powered down more easily. It may not be understable still unless thrown pretty firmly, but it can be powered down more easily than a Truth and will glide easier than a Mako3 when thrown with less power.

While I think the Mako3 is a bit more predictable, you already have that in a straight Truth so I think a Fuse will give you more variety in the pairing.

Edit: Also getting dead straight finishes at midrange style distances is a lot of technique. Need nose down to delay the fade. Lots of the time I like to overpower the shot so the disc would fly 20-30' farther, but throw it lower so it hits the ground before the fade kicks in. Also if you know your mid will fade out if you throw it 70%, then it may be time for a 80-90% putter throw to get the straight shot. Of course there are times when the putter would need too much height or you don't want to throw that hard through a gap, so you need to throw a powered down mid. This is where the Fuse would work great...power it down, let it glide.

Last edited:
I'd guess the Mako3 is more stable than the Fuse. I think of the fuse as a turning mid more than a straight one. The Trilogy mid that comes closest to the Mako in my experience is the Sling - very straight flier, no turn, no fade.

The Fuse is one of the best discs Latitude 64 ever made. They didn't have to put a '3' or 'x' on it, they got it right the first time. :|

It's very adept at going straight. You can either power it down and throw it flat or you can throw at your usual power and hyzer flip it. The lighter the Fuse, the more it will have a tendency to drift slice rather than finish straight though. It isn't difficult to get it dialed in however b/c unlike a lot of flippy discs it likes to ride the rail instead of falling off and burning.

Fuse is extra glidey, and can be powered down more easily. It may not be understable still unless thrown pretty firmly, but it can be powered down more easily than a Truth and will glide easier than a Mako3 when thrown with less power.

While I think the Mako3 is a bit more predictable, you already have that in a straight Truth so I think a Fuse will give you more variety in the pairing.

Edit: Also getting dead straight finishes at midrange style distances is a lot of technique. Need nose down to delay the fade.

Thanks for the input on the Fuse. I'm definitely looking for something to power down, especially in wooded situations.

The problem with my Truth is two fold: one, it is tough to power down and still have it as a straight flyer; and two I find that (I'm not sure if it's the shape of the disc or I hold it differently than every other disc I have) often times I release it with the nose slightly up. If I think about keeping the nose down then I always leave it short of target.

The Trilogy mid that comes closest to the Mako in my experience is the Sling - very straight flier, no turn, no fade.

Thanks for that suggestion!

It's very adept at going straight. You can either power it down and throw it flat or you can throw at your usual power and hyzer flip it. The lighter the Fuse, the more it will have a tendency to drift slice rather than finish straight though. It isn't difficult to get it dialed in however b/c unlike a lot of flippy discs it likes to ride the rail instead of falling off and burning.

Sounds like what I'm looking for!

My Truth is 171g, which I find a bit heavier than I like when I am trying to power down a disc. For the Fuse, or the Mako3 for that matter, I'm looking at maybe at 168/169g...not much of an actual difference but mentally it would make me feel better :D

TripleB