• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Fuse

Just got mine today from gggt, I wont have the opportunity to really throw it for a few days but I can tell you it feels AWESOME in my hand. It feels like a sleeker core and the opto plastic feels even better than my opto core. The color is also a dayglowish green/yellow, a huge improvement from my other latitude 64 colors If latitude continues making discs of this quality and the fuse flies like I imagine, lat 64 will slowly be taking over my bag. Now if they would just make understable/stable fairway comparable to a leopard =)

Now if they would just make understable/stable fairway comparable to a leopard =)

You do know that this disc has already been prototyped and will be the next in production, don't you? Its called the River.

I just got back from the course and many Fuse throws. It is like a slightly slower Buzzz with more glide and a lower cruising speed. As much as I like my 5 mold bag, the Fuse is getting a temporary spot in place of my X Buzzz (which I've yet to really develop a good relationship with). It holds annys so well that I'm already better with it than I was with my X Buzzz (which is all sort of bent now after a tree hit yesterday off the tee). Stability-wise the Fuse is very similar to the Buzzz...Only a slight turn on a hard throw and it turns slow and holds the line. Its easier to throw with touch than a Buzzz, so I also liked that part of it. With the wind it was an absolute champ, flying straight and easy with a little snap. Into the wind it was not the best, but it was still workable as the turn was slow. Definitely better than a Comet into the wind.

I threw the GL one today too, but all I have to say is that I would probably like it fine if I'd never thrown the Opto Fuse, but since I have it just seems to pale in comparison. Goldline Fuse = meh, Opto Fuse = glidelicious.

Here's my first DGR/DGCR double post, but many here don't go there, so I think its relevant.

Quick rundown...I need to throw it some more, but this is the most interesting mid I've thrown in a while. It doesn't feel or fly quite like anything else out there, but at the same time seems to do exactly what a mid should. I would compare it to a Comet/Aurora/Hawk with a more modern profile thus making it much more comfortable for me in the hand than any of those. It may have the most glide I've ever seen out of a mid. It has a slow motion flight and that is what makes me think of the Comet/Hawk, but its not nearly as touchy as those. It prefers a smooth throw, but doesn't suck if powered either. It has less fade than a Buzzz, will flip a little, yet I still would not call it understable as it locks onto a line rather than continuing to turn. Shots where I did turn it too much it did not ground out (like a Comet would) rather it went a long way forward while going a long way to the right. Long story short...The Fuse is a FUN FUN FUN disc to throw...It makes you want to go to a short course and play a one disc round.

Sounds exactly like a skeeter...

Sounds exactly like a skeeter...

I'm questioning my own review if someone thinks that sounds like a Skeeter. Skeeters are speed sensitive, nose angle sensitive, fast turning, and flippy. The Fuse is nothing like that. It is much more in the Buzzz/Roc/Shark/Wasp/Comet family in terms of speed, glide, and nose angle sensitivity.

I get my skeeter out up to 325 with a little hyzer. It seems to take forever to get there. Once it flips out of hyzer it glides forever dead straight. I can make it turn fast or slow, its all in how you throw it. When was the last time you threw one? 2007? :)

I just got back from the course and many Fuse throws. It is like a slightly slower Buzzz with more glide and a lower cruising speed. As much as I like my 5 mold bag, the Fuse is getting a temporary spot in place of my X Buzzz (which I've yet to really develop a good relationship with). It holds annys so well...

darn-it, Discspeed... I was afraid you'd say that. Just when i committed to my current setup for the year. :\

You do know that this disc has already been prototyped and will be the next in production, don't you? Its called the River.

gasp! I must have misread but I thought the river was a much faster disc than the leopard with a much wider rim. I guess ill have to take another look at the specs. Happy days

I've been throwing mine a lot, and I let my buddy play with the goldline for a round on a short course. Both fly good, they are just different. So far I'm still using the Opto, mainly as a turnover disc, or to throw touch upshots. I've tried it on other shots though and its been impressive.

I finally got mine out today and it is a very interesting disc. The wind was 30+ mph so it didnt come out too often. What i noticed when i did throw it was its glide. I thought crap thats going going to fall short, but nope it just kept on gliding right to where I would normally throw my core. I got it turned over once right as a decent gust of wind hit and it went right for days, lol. It feels like a perfect pairing with my GL and opto core. Midrange satisfaction, check!

I would love to throw one of these. I have a GL and Opto Vision, and the Opto feels much more domey.... holds its line better for me as well.. The GL fights back whereas the opto never comes back for me... seem like different discs for me anyways.

Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.

Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

Discspeed> Have you noticed the sharp edge on the nose of the Fuse? I'm not talking about the bottom of the rim where flashing usually is, but on the actual "nose" of the disc. The Fuse that I got has a very distinct sharp edge on the outer nose of the disc. I wasn't sure if it was flashing or if it's just part of the mold.

Thats just some flashing from where the two outer pieces of the mold come together. I've noticed it on several Lat discs.

Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.

Oh. Snap.

Which one is more Z Comet like in flight? Opto or GL?