• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Fuse

I got jrawk's 176 opto Fuse in the mail yesterday and got out and tested it today. I threw it around in a feild about 10 times and then played two 9-hole rounds with it and a putter. I used it for every shot that wasn't a putt. I then hit the practice field with it again after for further testing.

The Fuse seems to hold any line you put it on with out any fade. I'm not saying it goes straight on the line you throw it, it'll actually hold a curve all the way to the ground.This can make it an unforgiving disc, but if you remember to finesse it, you can use this to your advantage. It really excels at holding anhyzers compared to something like a Buzzz.

As far as hyzer flipping, this 176 opto won't flip from extreme hyzers. If you put too much hyzer it lock into that line and hold it the whole flight. However, if you put the slightest hyzer on it, it'll flip up and hold some of the straightest, glidiest, most beautiful flights I've ever seen.

I'm a Buzzz man and the Fuse at this point isn't going to kick my main Buzzz out of the bag. However, I think it may be kicking my light weight/ beat Buzzz out of the bag. It holds anhyzers much better than a Buzzz and the lack of any fade when hyzer flipping it will make it indispensable when throwing on dead straight tunnels.

Try the GL...Its a little less stable and a little more Buzzz-like. From one Buzzz man to another, I've never found a better touch/understable compliment to the Buzzz (including beat/x/d buzzzes).

I may have to try out the GL Fuse sometime. I'm definitely happy with the way one I have flies already though. I find that a Buzzz will hold an anny line just fine...but as soon as they start to slow down they will fight back out of it. The Fuse does a great job of holding the anny line all the way.

The other thing I noticed about the Fuse that I liked was that it still retained its line shaping ability when underpowered. I used it for approached where I would normally use my putter and it handled being thrown soft well. It is a bit too glidey for close approaches and would be easy to overshoot, but it is good to know it handles its lines on short approach, too.

I may have to try out the GL Fuse sometime. I'm definitely happy with the way one I have flies already though. I find that a Buzzz will hold an anny line just fine...but as soon as they start to slow down they will fight back out of it. The Fuse does a great job of holding the anny line all the way.

The other thing I noticed about the Fuse that I liked was that it still retained its line shaping ability when underpowered. I used it for approached where I would normally use my putter and it handled being thrown soft well. It is a bit too glidey for close approaches and would be easy to overshoot, but it is good to know it handles its lines on short approach, too.

That's the other thing I love about it...It flies much better underpowered than the Buzzz does. Under 250' my GL holds whatever line I put it on and glides like crazy.

I too throw the Buzz and just got a GL Fuse and love it. I will be buying a Opto soon and pulling my domey Z buzz (less stable) and caring 2 Fuses. I'm also thinking about getting a Core. Any thoughts. I have a flat top Buzz, Wasp and a Drone. On the other side of stability I have a Glide. I dont want so many mids but I like the Fuse and I dont know how the Core flies.

I too throw the Buzz and just got a GL Fuse and love it. I will be buying a Opto soon and pulling my domey Z buzz (less stable) and caring 2 Fuses. I'm also thinking about getting a Core. Any thoughts. I have a flat top Buzz, Wasp and a Drone. On the other side of stability I have a Glide. I dont want so many mids but I like the Fuse and I dont know how the Core flies.

The core flies a lot like a buzzz, maybe a bit more glide. I carry a Core, Fuse and a Drone and have the mid shots covered with that lineup.

I played 2 rounds with my 180g gold GL Fuse last night. I used it as my only midrange, and was able to get it to do pretty much everything I need a midrange to do. I typically keep a Roc and Z Comet with me. If those two discs had a baby it would be the Fuse. I'd say it has the glide is comparable to the glide on my ZComet (probably a touch less), the stability is inbetween the Roc and Comet, and the flight patterns are completely unique. I have never seen a disc that holds a more beautiful slow anyhyzer line. If you put a little mustard on your throw (as my buddy would say), the thing will fly flat, but slowly drift right.

I don't think I can drop my Roc or Comet quite yet, but the Fuse is staying put and auditioning for the job of the Comet.

Holy glide batman....

I got one of these for my wife and now I want a couple dozen.

A fuse/putter of choice round sounds awesome.

Holy glide batman....

I got one of these for my wife and now I want a couple dozen.

A fuse/putter of choice round sounds awesome.

At my local 9-holer I've gone with just an Ion and a Fuse and did just as well as I normally do with my whole bag.

Bill, if you think the Fuse is glidey, wait until you try out the River you got for your wife.

Yeah I will be ordering a ME version of each very soon.

Need to celebrate that grant and make an order =P

I cant wait for my rivers to get here. Every time latitude releases a disc it replaces 1-2 other discs in my bag, I love it!

At my local 9-holer I've gone with just an Ion and a Fuse and did just as well as I normally do with my whole bag.

Same here. It's definitely a slower, Comet-like glidey disc. I have to remind myself to tone down on the power every time b/c I want to throw it like a Buzzz. It doesn't want to hyzer flip for me for some reason either. I can release it hyzer and it will either do a sweet, gentle, sweeping hyzer or I'll turn it over and it will lock on to a lazy annie line (or turn and burn if I really huk it). But flipping it to flat takes some sweet spot I can't find for some reason. :confused:

I've played 5 rounds with a GL Fuse 170 and I really like it.
Super straight. I notice the turn a lot, too, I find myself aiming left when I throw bh.
Its a strange feeling. I'm still getting the hang of it and I love the flight of this disc.

My fuse treated me well again today. It really does hold pretty much any line you put on it and holds it the whole way w/o fading. It is different throwing a Fuse because you have to remember to NOT account for fade.

I broke mine out today for the most I ever have in a round. WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?!?!? I am seriously starting to worry for my core. I feel like this thing can do almost everything the core can do plus more. My heavy opto core will hold a much more solid hyzer but I am finding myself reaching for my opto fuse instead of my GL core now /gasp

My Buzzz doesn't really have to fear for its safety in my bag. To me, they do completely different things. The Fuse is great for anhyzers, finesse, and dead straight/no fade shots. The Buzzz still remains supreme for hyzers, straight w/ minor fade, pinpoint placement, and I can trust it in the wind.

Yes, strong wind can be unkind to the fuse. Keep a Core/Buzz/Roc around for exactly what Waddly says.

Ahh there was no wind at all yesterday, it didnt even cross my mind.

I agree with sloppydisc, wind is not the Fuse's friend. I think most all Fuse throwers should have a more stable mid in their bag along side it, something like a Buzz/Roc/Core. The Fuse has a hard time going dead straight into a headwind, it's going to want to turn on ya. Keep a stable/overstable mid in the bag for straight shots into the wind or for shots that need a stronger fade.

The Fuse is a really fun disc, I love throwing mine!

Latest posts