• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latest CCDG intro song title and artist?

What is the name of the song that is now used at the very beginning of every CCDG video since the Memorial in early March 2018? It's the song with the electro sound and pulsating beat played in the first 5-10 seconds? It took the place of the "Rocking the Brock" song that was used for so long and popular. I've searched high and low for this answer and can't seem to find the title and artist of this song. I am relying on the power and collective knowledge of DGCR to assist me in this. Thank you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried the Shazam app, but the intro song didn't play long enough for the app to determine the name and artist. Maybe the Soundhound app will be able to do the trick.

Posted it in the CCDG thread, but I'll post here too.

Quantum by Blossom Learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZ_soOqbOk

I dig it.

Loved Rocking to Brock, but wanted a new song for the new intro. I'll see if I can start sneaking Brock into the outro.

Ian,

Thank you! Once again you prove why you are the most resourceful and helpful man in disc golf. Thanks for posting the answer in both threads for me. I was initially coming to this thread to let others know the answer and you beat me to it. You and your army of CCDG people have brought so much joy, happiness, and enjoyment to the lives of so many. You have promoted the sport through your hundreds of videos. From your Sportscenter appearances via the occasional ace on film to the Philobratross have spread the disc golf love far and wide. Sometimes when I hear the occasional yawn during a video, I remember what you've said that often these videos have their commentary added in the wee hours of the morning. Then you get up a few hours later to your engineering job. Thanks, too, to your wife who allows you to pursue your passion and bring so much to so many.

Ian,

Thank you! Once again you prove why you are the most resourceful and helpful man in disc golf. Thanks for posting the answer in both threads for me. I was initially coming to this thread to let others know the answer and you beat me to it. You and your army of CCDG people have brought so much joy, happiness, and enjoyment to the lives of so many. You have promoted the sport through your hundreds of videos. From your Sportscenter appearances via the occasional ace on film to the Philobratross have spread the disc golf love far and wide. Sometimes when I hear the occasional yawn during a video, I remember what you've said that often these videos have their commentary added in the wee hours of the morning. Then you get up a few hours later to your engineering job. Thanks, too, to your wife who allows you to pursue your passion and bring so much to so many.

Aww thanks so much for all the kind words! Stuff likes this keeps the CCDG team and me at it :)

The wife is the bee knees for all the DG crap she puts up with. Couldn't do it without her <3

Posted it in the CCDG thread, but I'll post here too.

Quantum by Blossom Learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZ_soOqbOk

I dig it.

Loved Rocking to Brock, but wanted a new song for the new intro. I'll see if I can start sneaking Brock into the outro.

And the quick clip of the dog (black and white?) that runs on camera from right to left at the end of the old intros! lol No idea why but that always made me smile.

Yeah, I understand the wish for something new when things change. I've done that as well ... and after that I switched back to the old one, as I realized that it was just perfect. ;-)

Thus, you better do it the other way round: Rocking the Brock in the intro and Quantum in the Outro. That would be the better fit, IMO. ... next season. :)

I've made some more thoughts about the intro songs.

The ``problems'' of Quantum as the intro song are, that it is not as catchy/hooking as Rocking the Brock, and that it needs more time to unfold.

The small snippet of Quantum in the current intro is too short IMO to really unfold the qualities of the song. It needs more room, i.e. time. An outro would provide more room easier than the intro. If the intro should be short, then the music should be super-catchy in short time. Even Rocking the Brock needs time to unfold. The old intro had been longer as well.

Then there is this feeling/character/image change from the ``let's have some fun'' message that Rocking the Brock broadcasts, to the more sophisticated, more professional message that Quantum transmits. The visual effects show the same shift. Thus Quantum is better suited to the new style, as Rockin the Brock would be too sloppy for it. Was this shift made intensionally?

I view all this from a far away perspective. I see a fast increasing professionalism of Jomez Pro and a growing coverage share compared to CCDG. I don't know about the relationshop between Jomez Pro and CCDG (I only know that it is friendly), and I don't know about CCDG's self-understanding and goals. Are you trying to follow the footsteps of Jomez Pro? I think it would be great if you could provide something Jomez Pro doesn't ... not because one would be better than the other, but because having two different things motivates to watch both of them. I write this because I realized that in the last time I hardly watched any CCDG tournament coverage, but several Jomez Pro videos. It feels as if that had been different some time ago. Could be a season thing though ... don't know.

I only intend to give some impressions from my perspective. My view angle miht be very narrow, please keep that in mind. I don't want to offend anyone. You definitely do a great job! Thanks a lot for all the work you do! Without your videos, my participation on (US) disc golf would be so much lower.

See ... or rather hear you soon. :)

Latest posts