• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Gobi midrange

I don't use Facebook, so please give us the Cliff Notes. Is this disc overstable? understable? Intended uses?

From the one throw it looked like a -1/2 to me, flipped over in the wind but still had a bite at the end.

Regardless of what the numbers are, I'm bracing myself for the "holds any line you put it on" press tour that seems to get launched with every new midrange

I should have included this in the OP,

"Gobi is a slightly understable midrange for those long sweeping anhyzers. Towards the end of the flight Gobi will fight back to a fade in a reliable way. Great for players that throw moderately far and want a controllable disc. Gobi great for bigger arms looking for controlled hyzer flips. Speed: 5 | Glide: 5 | Turn: -1.5 | Fade: 1" - by Latitude 64°

AJ Risley throws a Gobi a lot in this round apparently:

I was going to say that it seems funny that AJ was throwing a Gobi during this round and now it's got a thread. Anyway, looks pretty neat I was thinking of ordering one on my next order I've never thrown an overmold disc at all but I've heard some pretty good things about this one,never heard anything bad.
Edit: I am now aware this thread is far older than this video.

I was going to say that it seems funny that AJ was throwing a Gobi during this round and now it's got a thread. Anyway, looks pretty neat I was thinking of ordering one on my next order I've never thrown an overmold disc at all but I've heard some pretty good things about this one,never heard anything bad.
Edit: I am now aware this thread is far older than this video.

thread was originally from April 2017

My wife throws a gobi, for a hyzer midrange. One lighter than 175 would probably help for her to work lines with it but I doubt they will make a lighter one.

My wife throws a gobi, for a hyzer midrange. One lighter than 175 would probably help for her to work lines with it but I doubt they will make a lighter one.

I feel like a heavy Gobi would need fun to play with but I'm scared to try one bc every time I try a trilogy disc that's similar to something in my bag it kicks the old disc out, not ready to give up my X Buzzz or my ESP Buzzz or my wasp for that matter. IDK it looks like something fun to play with always wanted to try an overmold

They mentioned on DGAM (or maybe it was the recent DD events update video?) that Latitude 64 can't get the overmold discs in lighter weights. Probably has something to do with the production process of creating two separate pieces of plastic and molding them together.

AJ Risley throws a Gobi a lot ... snip

Yeah AJ was really making the bosses happy on that video :hfive:

Honestly I'm happy to see it. I love hearing about disc and shot selection from pros on coverage like this.

Honestly I'm happy to see it. I love hearing about disc and shot selection from pros on coverage like this.

Agree! I'm. Not interested in the disc even though the 2k overmold models are long lasting and comfy, I have the Gold-x Compass. ;)

Agree! I'm. Not interested in the disc even though the 2k overmold models are long lasting and comfy, I have the Gold-x Compass. ;)

I was and still am very skeptical of the trilogy overmolds because I think they are silly (essentially). HOWEVER, one thing someone mentioned that I have to admit piqued my interested is that they use the same inner mold and alter the outer GL portion to produce the different discs. This means maybe you could get a similar feel with a different flight off the shelf in a premium plastic... perfect for your intrepid guilty mold-minimalist. <3

I was and still am very skeptical of the trilogy overmolds because I think they are silly (essentially). HOWEVER, one thing someone mentioned that I have to admit piqued my interested is that they use the same inner mold and alter the outer GL portion to produce the different discs. This means maybe you could get a similar feel with a different flight off the shelf in a premium plastic... perfect for your intrepid guilty mold-minimalist. <3

Unfortunately I doubt there's much truth to that, possibly of course within the different categories. The opto plastic extends to the inner bottom edge of the rim, essentially you only grip opto plastic even though the outside of the rim is gold.

Only makes sense in that gold beats in quite nice, less sharp wounds than opto, eventually...

My Sareks have been taking quite a beating and are holding up very well.

Seems somewhat reminiscent of a Squall from looking at it. Off base?

My favorite part was when AJ commented on Tobi grabbing his Gobi from OB (cant remember which hole it was on). Little off topic from the thread but that was the first video I'v'e seen with AJ doing commentary and I really enjoyed it.