• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

bringing this one back from the dead to have some discussion.

Let's just say you shouldn't be turning over a fresh Zero Mace out of the box.

I picked up some zero hard maces to try on a recommendation. They are fairly overstable, and flat as a board. Looking forward to breaking some in over the fall and winter to see how well they work for me next year.

I'd be happy if they developed more turn quicker than my gravity ghosts - I've been throwing the same one all year and it's not even close to being really understable yet. It will turn, but doesn't want to turn and hold from a hyzer really at all.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but since its been revived.

Mace vs. Warship vs. Medius ?

For plastic I tend to prefer 171g or heavier Recycled. On a total side is it just the nature of the recycling that makes them all dark-ish and dull colors? Lost my last Mace because it was dark purpleish blue. Just gone in the darkness of a forest.

Anyway, a few holes I throw and love a Claymore, but my home course has a tendency to play very different wind and no wind, and a couple holes the headwind I turn over the Claymores. I had a hard time reaching the basket with the Mace, but a Fairway I tend to get a skip or too much fade and go OB left on one or trees left on another. So I was wondering suggestions stay with a Mace and end up short? Does a Warship fight a headwind as well as a Mace? I don't ever hear a lot of talk about the Medius... does it fly as advertised? Seems perfect for what i'm looking for really.

Thoughts?

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but since its been revived.

Mace vs. Warship vs. Medius ?

For plastic I tend to prefer 171g or heavier Recycled. On a total side is it just the nature of the recycling that makes them all dark-ish and dull colors? Lost my last Mace because it was dark purpleish blue. Just gone in the darkness of a forest.

Anyway, a few holes I throw and love a Claymore, but my home course has a tendency to play very different wind and no wind, and a couple holes the headwind I turn over the Claymores. I had a hard time reaching the basket with the Mace, but a Fairway I tend to get a skip or too much fade and go OB left on one or trees left on another. So I was wondering suggestions stay with a Mace and end up short? Does a Warship fight a headwind as well as a Mace? I don't ever hear a lot of talk about the Medius... does it fly as advertised? Seems perfect for what i'm looking for really.

Thoughts?

Can't comment on disc flight at all, but I can say that I have a super bright yellow recycled river at home. It was from right when Lat64 came out with their recycled line though, so I can't say much about anything since then. The Saints I had were a less than desirable salmon colored blend.

Warships don't like headwind. They are great straight and long for everything else. Or for anhyzers. I've never seen a Medius - anywhere. As far as I know they are oop.
The Mace for me felt great in the hand. But for me the HSS was not enough. I turned it over badly several times especially with wind. If I didn't I usually hated the strong fade it has.

In your case I would try an Emac Truth, Verdict or Bard. Maybe even a Shield. Or hope for Westside to make that disc that is 2/3 Bard and 1/3 Warship.

I was going between the Verdict, Bard, and Mace for OS/Stable shots for awhile and couldn't really decide on a favorite. Until I finally got my hand on a couple BT bards. Now I use the Bard for most duties, and an EMAC truth for turn overs.

oh - I forgot about the Compass. Might be a better option than the Mace for windy days...

oh - I forgot about the Compass. Might be a better option than the Mace for windy days...

The Mace has more high speed stability than the Compass imo. You really need to work the compass off hyzer for it to have good flight integrity.

I didn't realize the Emac and Regular Truth were that different. Try my brothers Emac next chance I have. I'll have to decide on plastic I guess as well, and see how I feel about the Emac and Mace compare.

Are Zero Hard/baseline Maces hard to come by? I'm thinking about making a "Trilogy" bag. I want to cycle Maces like I do Rocs.

Latest posts