• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Good to know...I'm getting softer in my Trilogy hate and tossing the River. Such a good mold.

Yeah I think it's the best mold Lat64 has. There really isn't anything else like it. I don't know why somebody hasn't tried to make a knock off. I'd guess all the extra glide is from the additional diameter?

Yeah I think it's the best mold Lat64 has. There really isn't anything else like it. I don't know why somebody hasn't tried to make a knock off. I'd guess all the extra glide is from the additional diameter?

Lat's classic molds are awesome

Lat's classic molds are awesome

I tend to agree with the sentiment that Trilogy's best offerings happen to be older Lat molds (The sinus, the Jesper molds, etc.)+ the river.

Pure, Fuse, River in particular are some of my absolute favorite discs to throw, and I lean on them hard on wooded courses.

I think it's a shame that the Dynamic Discs hype train has overshadowed some of the best Lat 64 offerings.

I tend to agree with the sentiment that Trilogy's best offerings happen to be older Lat molds (The sinus, the Jesper molds, etc.)+ the river.

Pure, Fuse, River in particular are some of my absolute favorite discs to throw, and I lean on them hard on wooded courses.

I think it's a shame that the Dynamic Discs hype train has overshadowed some of the best Lat 64 offerings.

Everything made post Feldberg is just a copy of something else IMO.

Agree the River is great. I'd love to have it in a durable plastic like Champion or Star. :popcorn:

I'll also say that the Innova Leopard3 is a pretty good substitute in those durable plastics. Not identical by any means, but good. :thmbup:

Agree the River is great. I'd love to have it in a durable plastic like Champion or Star. :popcorn:

That's what Opto-X is. I've had mine in the bag all year, and it actually hasn't gotten flippy. Can't say that about any other Trilogy plastic I've tried.

That's what Opto-X is. I've had mine in the bag all year, and it actually hasn't gotten flippy. Can't say that about any other Trilogy plastic I've tried.

I haven't tried an Opto-X. It sounds good.

I'd also love it if they came out with a 'Gold-Line-X', the feel of GL but more durable like Star... :popcorn:

Is the River Pro worth a look?

I haven't tried it. I've heard (including comments on these boards) that the River Pro is much more overstable than the River and not nearly as glidey, so I did not bother trying it. I defer to those who have thrown the River Pro for a more accurate comparison... :popcorn:

It's not even remotely the same disc. I had one of the Trilogy Challenge ones and it acted like the old Resistor I used to have. Overstable, glideless turd. The whole appeal for me of the River is the crazy glide, and that one sure as hell didn't have it. I've heard the production run is a little more mellow, but Lat64 kinda gave up on that mold for a good reason.

I don't think so, but it also depends on what you want out of it.

Lighter weight Trilogy challenge ones were very flippy and the heavier lacked glide and started very OS. I had a GL production one that was a bit more reliable, kind of like a seasoned star Teebird but not quite as much distance. Had good forward fade and nice glide but... just not a Teebird. It was just another failed attempt at a Teebird clone. Explorer seems to have hit that mark, but I haven't tried the explorer just decided to stick with Teebirds.

I feel like the River is the closest thing to a longer Comet. It has a similar level of controlability and glide to me. I've been using one on a hyzer line that I'd normally use a more OS driver. The river pops up, glides longer, then fades predictably where an OS driver would head to the ground much quicker.

I feel like the River is the closest thing to a longer Comet. It has a similar level of controlability and glide to me. I've been using one on a hyzer line that I'd normally use a more OS driver. The river pops up, glides longer, then fades predictably where an OS driver would head to the ground much quicker.

I think I could play most rounds with a River, a Comet and a Putter without much issue.

Does anyone know when the stamp on these changed? I used to have a sweet one with a skeleton rafting down a river with these dogs. One of the coolest stamps I've ever seen. Now it's a really lame guy fishing. Kind of a shame they did away with the far superior art.

Does anyone know when the stamp on these changed? I used to have a sweet one with a skeleton rafting down a river with these dogs. One of the coolest stamps I've ever seen. Now it's a really lame guy fishing. Kind of a shame they did away with the far superior art.

Yeah man, the Cerberus stamped Rivers are DA BOMB! Not only is the stamp way sweeter but the the flight is special as well. The fisherman stamped ones have a baby fade at the very end but the Cerberus Rivers just hover straight down without fade - so beautiful for tunnel shots.

I think the stamp (and disc) changed about 2 to 3 years ago. There's nothing like a Cerberus stamped River but if you want a half notch more stable go with the current fisherman stamped Rivers and if you want a baby tick less stable you can go with a Maul.

Last edited:
I lost my opto river to a creek the other day and i am about to buy another. I see they have a new stamp on the rivers. I assume this means a different run. Any feedback on the new run? Any different than the fisherman run?

Last edited:
I lost my opto river to a creek the other day and i am about to buy another. I see they have a new stamp on the rivers. I assume this means a different run. Any feedback on the new run? Any different than the fisherman run?

all the rivers at my local store had horrid flashing

i wouldnt blindly order one online