• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 T-Link Disc Golf Shoe

ncbrett92

Bogey Member
Need a new set of shoes for disc golf. Wanting to give these a try to support one of our own company's. Has anyone tried them? Thoughts?

Mine have held up very well,but I only wear them for disc golf. Mine ran a little large. Decent but not great ankle support.

Didn't the original promo video come with an admonition the shoe was not intended for concrete pads?

Who the hell designs a disc golf shoe not to be used on concrete pads? :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

The shoes hold up just fine to concrete pads. I've had mine a few months, played dozens of rounds on concrete tees, and the treads show zero signs of wear to this point.

They're comfortable, grippy, and at least thus far, haven't fallen apart. I've had more expensive shoes fail after this much (ab)use on the golf course.

I've worn my pair since a week before they came out last September. Mine are still very comfortable and have tons of tread left on them. I'm pretty sure I'm well over 100 rounds with them, all on concrete teepads. They definitely have replaced my Keen Nasu (Marshall WP) which I was buying twice a year.

On a sales note, I have sold a couple hundred pairs of them and I have had 6 people call or send pics that the soles were coming unglued. I directed them to DD each time and didn't hear back from them. I don't know what the warranty is on them but I'm guessing DD hooked all of them up.

Who the hell designs a disc golf shoe not to be used on concrete pads? :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Europeans favor turf pads. For the record I think they're way better than concrete pads.

I bought the shoes the first day they came out and returned them for 2 months later. The bottom got holes in them (they parts of the bottom around the edge were hollow). Also the insoles have a honeycomb design on the bottom that was just absolutely destroyed after two months of constant use. The honeycomb started nice and cavernous and after a 2 months, it looked the way a bees honeycomb would look after taking a hammer to it and completely smashing it flat. They didn't do anything at that point. I ended up going with the Solomon's X Ultra 2's and I enjoy wearing them much more that the T-Links.

Positives:
Most water resistant hiking shoe I've owned. Much more than Keen WP shoes.
Warm

Negatives:
Too warm, actually they make my feet hot. Whatever they use to make them water resistant doesn't allow them to breath suffocating my feet.

I have plantar fascitis and my feet get fatigued easily. When I wear these vs. my Keens (Marshall - both regular and WP), my feet are very sore much sooner. Even with my insoles.

They are heavy. Like wearing boots.

I use these when it is very cold, or really, really wet and for one round only.

I prefer my Keen Marshall WP for typical wet dew mornings.

I strongly prefer my Addidas Terrex Swift R for everything else. My feet don't hurt, they are lightweight and feel great.

30 rounds on my first pair before they started to separate, DD replaced them. 2nd pair has about 35 rounds and are tearing. As long as they keep replacing them every 2-3 months they are awesome!!!

30 rounds on my first pair before they started to separate, DD replaced them. 2nd pair has about 35 rounds and are tearing. As long as they keep replacing them every 2-3 months they are awesome!!!

Sounds like a lot of hassle

My Merrell Chameleon 5's are still going strong after 2 years of discing/hiking shoes. The Chameleon 4's I had lasted almost 2 years as every day shoes, walking at least 2 miles a day on brick, concrete, and other hard/paved surfaces.

Had my KEEN kovens for a year i wear them to work everyday, also disc and hike in them. Well over 70 rounds of golf and 100 miles hiked only part that is failing is the toe i use to move pallets at work with. Cant blame the shoe for failing when im using it for that.

Sounds like a lot of hassle

My Merrell Chameleon 5's are still going strong after 2 years of discing/hiking shoes. The Chameleon 4's I had lasted almost 2 years as every day shoes, walking at least 2 miles a day on brick, concrete, and other hard/paved surfaces.

My Merrell's have held up very well for over a year now and still have a lot of life in them. Previous pair of Merrell's lasted over two years.

Never tried them but I'm always quite skeptical of non shoe companies starting to make shoes. Right now I wear New Balance trail running shoes that are really light and breathable. Not waterproof though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

^ Ditto on the NB trail runners. I have plantar fascitis and bad arches (so I have to put Superfeet in them) but otherwise they are the most comfortable walking shoes I own.

As a big guy that has spent a small fortune on shoes i can tell you that the best disc golf shoes are never made buy disc golf companies. I am not convinced that hiking boots are the best ether. last year I went through vasque, salomons, merrills, and other mid high hikers. 5 Pairs of shoes gone to disc golf in 1 year. I am currently rocking some hi-tec WP shoes that i bought at academy and they are not bad at . I use to wear their steel toe work boots and chemical boots and they were great. Think of it like tires, hiking boots being the off road tire with a soft compound that wears fast on concrete, you smooth bottom sneakers that dont grip on wet muddy terrain. Find a shoe that has a harder 1 piece sole with a mild tread pattern with good ankle support. dont spend a fortune for a name brand either most shoes are made by the same sweat shops in vietnam.

Latest posts