• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Launch Disc Golf

rhatton1

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
The Eagle eyed amongst you may have seen a few new discs from a new manufacturer gain PDGA approval last week.

Launch Disc Golf is a British based company with discs made by Disc Golf Distribution (the company behind Disc Golf UK)

Hp4VurIm.jpg

The discs are:

The Lander - a small diameter disc with a micro bead, incredibly comfortable in the hand and the prototype testers have fallen in love with it. Described as a cross between a Jokeri (for the distance you can get) and a Reko (for the feel) It is a straight flying disc with loads of glide and a reliable finish.

The Code - Based on the original prototype DGUK Dukes this is a fast, far flying midrange, thrown with 120 meters of power it will hold a straight line all the way, to smaller throwers it will have a straight flight with a predictable fade.

The Code X - The beefier overstable brother of the Code

Coming soon - The Cipher - a fairway driver likened to a Thunderbird in the new Alpha Premium plastic.

Added to the line up - the Cipher, a Thunderbird like driver in premium (Alpha)plastic and the Code X in baseline (Omega) with full colour stamp. we think we may be the only company doing baseline discs with full colours and they look awesome.

The Launch discs will have some fun in the stamps on coming runs.

AfEQvWPm.png

iVyq7mcm.jpg

On the DGUK front we've just launched our Halloween Glow Duchess in premium (Regal) plastic which looks pretty cool!

tKQiQ6Hm.jpg

6xmMccZm.jpg

We've tested the glow against the best in the business Kastaplast and it shines and lasts the same (timelapse video to come)

Added to the line up - the Cipher, a Thunderbird like driver in premium (Alpha)plastic and the Code X in baseline (Omega) with full colour stamp. we think we may be the only company doing baseline discs with full colours and they look awesome.

The Launch discs will have some fun in the stamps on coming runs.

AfEQvWPm.png

iVyq7mcm.jpg

On the DGUK front we've just launched our Halloween Glow Duchess in premium (Regal) plastic which looks pretty cool!

tKQiQ6Hm.jpg

6xmMccZm.jpg

We've tested the glow against the best in the business Kastaplast and it shines and lasts the same (timelapse video to come)

Anywhere someone in the Us could get a couple of glow Ciphers?

My daughter is a huge Gravity Falls fan and would find these hilarious/scary.

Infinite Discs have an order on their way of a selection of the discs, none of the glows though I'm afraid.

Infinite Discs have an order on their way of a selection of the discs, none of the glows though I'm afraid.

If they have that pyramid stamp I'll probably still get a couple. Hope you guys do really well!

Thanks Moose. They should have some I believe, reminds me I need to chase that up as it should have been there already!

Thanks Moose. They should have some I believe, reminds me I need to chase that up as it should have been there already!

Ordered the last one they had in stock last night. Looking forward to trying it out.

I'll probably do a video on it when it comes in, of the following which do you think would be the closest comp to throw against it?

Teebird
Exodus
Eagle
Stag
Tyrant
Volt

Ordered the last one they had in stock last night. Looking forward to trying it out.

I'll probably do a video on it when it comes in, of the following which do you think would be the closest comp to throw against it?

Teebird
Exodus
Eagle
Stag
Tyrant
Volt

Eagle probably, in my head it's always sat about there although is slightly faster, others that throw further have compared it to a Thunderbird. Would love to see the video! There is a definite high speed turn unlike a Teebird/Volt and a consistent fade (haven't thrown the Exodus, stag, Tyrant personally to comment)

Cipher came today! It looks just as good as in the picture and the plastic feels really nice, a lot like Neutron plastic from MVP.

A bit of a pop top which should lead to good glide l, and a very nice scooped out underside of the wing. I'm excited to see how it flies!

Attachments

• FE3509AC-3871-4C3A-BA55-873947ABC5C4.jpg
    FE3509AC-3871-4C3A-BA55-873947ABC5C4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 20
Eagle probably, in my head it's always sat about there although is slightly faster, others that throw further have compared it to a Thunderbird. Would love to see the video! There is a definite high speed turn unlike a Teebird/Volt and a consistent fade (haven't thrown the Exodus, stag, Tyrant personally to comment)

Got the video filmed this morning! The Cipher is a lot of fun to throw, pretty good glide and a predictable late fade. Was better than I thought it would be forehand as well. Overall was very impressed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0KcocaBNs

We've got a new premium plastic blend in the works which we're quite excited about!

It allows us to do a weight range on all molds from about 130 - 180 which is great from a manufacturing point of view but it also gives a natural dome to the discs. Our Protoype CodeX's that were a giveway with our new website launch got a helluva lot of love, they fly really really far with loads of control, described as a much longer Buzzz. The plastic also takes glow superbly putting them on a par with Kasta and only behind MVP in the Glow market.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLOpDkfJasX/

They'll be on Infinite soon.

There are also three new driver molds coming soon, an understable speed 7, and understable speed 10 and a straight, control driver speed 11.

Wow, was the last post really a year ago?

We've got the Frontier out now, a speed 7 understable beginners disc and then this beauty is arriving soon. This is the first run Elder. First Runs will be made in this pearlescent plastic with full colour stamps. This thing flies really really far with control (turn but not turn and burn and a reliable fade)

2VXGxYqm.jpg

Wow, was the last post really a year ago?

We've got the Frontier out now, a speed 7 understable beginners disc and then this beauty is arriving soon. This is the first run Elder. First Runs will be made in this pearlescent plastic with full colour stamps. This thing flies really really far with control (turn but not turn and burn and a reliable fade)

2VXGxYqm.jpg

Very cool stamp. Excited to see how they fly! Was seeing a few guys throwing a Lander during glow season, good to see your plastic out and about.

I used the glow Cipher this year a good bit and it has hardly shown a scratch. Great plastic.

Very cool stamp. Excited to see how they fly! Was seeing a few guys throwing a Lander during glow season, good to see your plastic out and about.

I used the glow Cipher this year a good bit and it has hardly shown a scratch. Great plastic.

Thanks Moose and thanks again for the reviews. I'm excited about this one. For me it gets a lovely flight, a touch of turn and if I throw on an anny it glides through and out of the Apex and gets a ton of distance. Our longest test throwers (~150 m distance) were getting a nice long turn out of it before a reliable fade at the end. Works really nice fore and backhand.

Tried out a dye on a Cipher yesterday, tried to give it like a halo effect. Turns out it takes dye really well!

Attachments

• 6F2937A6-1885-459E-A213-C7B3E801029F.jpg
    6F2937A6-1885-459E-A213-C7B3E801029F.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts