• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Learning Forehand 380' dropping like a dead bird out of sky

Impossible0ne

I started playing recently and it's become a daily thing.

One day on the last hole of the course I was throwing trash backhands..I decided to throw one more... This time, Forehand.

What happened is I threw my first 400' toss. Since then I've been throwing drives pretty exclusively forehand and having so much more control and all the power really I need..

My forms/power has been improving I feel. And my main two drivers I've been using generically for straight-ish drives, would be the champ vulcan pop top and colossus I have in my bag..

But, now my discs are going less distance, and ending up falling out right towards the end of the initial velocity.

My only discs that aren't doing this is my (pro, and dx) wraiths. Which glide out less right, or land just about straight on. But not as consistently as far...

I don't know what's going on? I've considered potentially I've beaten in my discs too much but the plastic feels fine for champion (I almost exclusively throw 170+ champion drivers) however, my other consideration is that they're not really the right drivers for forehand drives and maybe I'm overpowering the fade?

I have a firebird in pro, and I can't stand the thing. For some reason it hooks right and never really does what I want it to.

Thinking of trying a champion destroyer, katana, and firebird and seeing if those help?

Maybe someone has some other tips.. I can get a video soon, but wanted to start a post up and see what kind of theories to get going.

Falling out of the sky sure sounds like nose-up. Wish I knew what to tell you to fix it. My sidearm is abysmal for anything but approach shots.

I dont think so, it comes out pretty flat?

But, if that was the case, why is it making it all the way to 380 before showing the side effects?

I had nose up on my backhand and it would go way high. My FH tends to stay relatively where I want it to go level wise..

Sometimes I tend to lift my chest and upper body up on the forehand and causes the flight to go up even though it's releasing straight.

It must be terrible to have a shot that reliably dumps right at 380.

LOL. Well.. I can't get it to do anything else, which is why im :wall: :doh:

...also my goals are 450-500 ultimately, there's something wrong going on with my form if these discs are dumping right at 380 :\ when that's not what I'm trying to do.

My personal course all holes that are long distance are left hooks :wall:

I did hit my first ace today though! A nasty maverick heizer through trees about 200ft, disc prob traveled more like 250 with the line I used <3

no vids. are you throwing righty or lefty?

Latest posts