• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs Phenom

The phenom is a great disc. The icon Battle of the aces phenoms seem to be understable, unless you get a Legend BoA.

The first run icons are solid straight flyers similar to the flight of a TL..

The first run pinnacle phenoms fly like the first run icons but I prefer the feel of the icon plastic.

I'm really liking my two Pinnacle Phenoms. I am pairing a 174 aqua with a 167 light purple and is a great pairing. The 174 is really straight and will hold a really long push hyzer or a very tight S when released flat. The 167 is a straight pipe hyzer flip machine or long controlled turnover disc. What I really enjoy most about this disc is in the woods with the incredible mellow fade at the end of the flight. It's just a great fairway driver when you really need to control your landings in tight places. The Phenom reminds me a lot of a worn in S FD or a nicely trashed old star Teebird but right out of the box.

The Phenom reminds me a lot of a worn in S FD or a nicely trashed old star Teebird but right out of the box.

Interesting. This is what I wanted the patriot to be but they need serious working in before they will turn and hold the turn when thrown from a slight hyzer, imo.

Interesting. This is what I wanted the patriot to be but they need serious working in before they will turn and hold the turn when thrown from a slight hyzer, imo.

Totally, the Phenom starts out more like what I wanted the Patriot to be in the first place. At least for my 300ish feet of power. The Phenom can hold a very nice controlled turn and fades a bit less than a Patriot on a straight shot. But by no means would I consider the Phenom to be "flippy". It's just plain stable and takes the line. :thmbup:

Interesting feedback on the flight ratings. I have heard that the Phenom is rated -1/2, does that seem right or is it more understable as others have posted?

Interesting feedback on the flight ratings. I have heard that the Phenom is rated -1/2, does that seem right or is it more understable as others have posted?

From my experience, it's more US than those numbers...

From my experience, it's more US than those numbers...
Agreed. My Icon Phenom is my goto laser, even more so than my Patriots. But my Pats are finally breaking in so that may change soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is the Phenom more of a tweener fairway/ control driver or more of a fairway driver?

I just found a Legend Phenom yesterday, and it's pretty flat. Initial thoughts holding it, feels like TL, and then throwing it also very TL-ish. I like it.

Just bought a used 175 Pinnacle in really good shape and this is spot on. Like a seasoned Star TL. Feels more like a speed 6-7 FW driver than a speed 8-9 driver. Nice disc.

Just bought a used 175 Pinnacle in really good shape and this is spot on. Like a seasoned Star TL. Feels more like a speed 6-7 FW driver than a speed 8-9 driver. Nice disc.

You can expect it to move towards a less glidey sidewinder before long. I always thought the Patriot was between a TL/Leo flight. I've got a nicely seasoned and still relatively stable glow Phenom that's a full tick more HSS than my seasoned Champ RR. The glow Phenom isn't a headwind disc where my beat Patriot will hyzer flip or ride a turn without burning out in a similar wind.

Latest posts