• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

These are the most overstable icon Patriots

They are concave and straight, like the earlier runs. I have thrown the domey Icons which seem to be more stable like the Pinnacles. Not sure how old the yellow ones are but it is different plastic compared to the concave whites and reds I have

How are the Patriots for S-curve line shaping type duties? When people talk about the more stable Patriots are they referring to an increase in HSS or LSS?

I rely heavily on my Pin Rival for it's resistance to turn and subtle fade and am looking for a curvier compliment.

Patriots to me are best used if you like 2 types of fairway shots - flat spin shots, or straight hyzer flips. They aren't as good at being flexed out or forced anhyzers

Lost my 2 year old beat up teebird the other day. Would pretty much flip up and turn even from a hyzer. Was less stable and longer than my leos. Will an icon patriot be a decent replacement until I can beat in another tb, or is it not that flippy.

Lost my 2 year old beat up teebird the other day. Would pretty much flip up and turn even from a hyzer. Was less stable and longer than my leos. Will an icon patriot be a decent replacement until I can beat in another tb, or is it not that flippy.

Yeah an icon patriot will be what youre looking for, it even feels a bit similar in the hand.

I got a Legend line Patriot from Lion over the weekend and had a chance to throw it the last few days. For some odd reason I think I got a fluke Patriot. This this is more stable then the Legend Rival I have. No idea whats up with that. It is 173g.

They both go about the same distance but the Patriot was not turning right even if I ripped hard on it. Funny enough, that was what I thought the Rival was going to be. But, the Rival just goes straight. Maybe they got mixed up at the factory?

On the other hand the Legend Rival is the most amazing disc I have thrown in a while. This disc is pure money. Hopefully I can get another Patriot and maybe it will be more like a Leopard.

Last edited:
Mine's a 172, and I have no problem getting it to turn. I also have a domey white 172 Pinnacle that's similar as well. Just avoid the flat yellow 168 Pinnacles if you want some easy turn.

I was just shocked that the Legend Patriot 173g was so stable. I mean it didn't turn at all. It was crazy. I am really just thinking that I got two Rivals instead of a Patriot.

I was just shocked that the Legend Patriot 173g was so stable. I mean it didn't turn at all. It was crazy. I am really just thinking that I got two Rivals instead of a Patriot.

Sounds like the 168 Pinnacles I mentioned. Unfortunately those are the gummiest ones. :(

That's not to say that I don't love the feel of my 172. It was amazing in the heat this summer. Closest plastic I've felt to pearly 11X KC Pro.

Latest posts