• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leigh Farm, NC - layout

aggreen

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Can anyone give any guidance on the new tee pads/layout for Leigh Farm? I am noticing some new tee pads on the adv course - looking to turn into four types of courses. I am sure this is a work in progress, but just curious to the end result - are there going to be 4 different options for the course (i.e.: gold, blue, white, red)?

Mike

Last edited:
They alternate baskets monthly out there, so the tees you saw were alternates for different basket locations. There are 2 course configurations, novice and advanced. Novice layout - blue tees, blue baskets. Advanced layout - green tees, yellow baskets.

who knows over there, they have like 4 teepads for every hole while still have stupid trees in the middle of the fairway. Pick a teepad and throw a pin, you just probably made a better hole than is currently out there.

Thanks Sling for the reply - I am familiar with the rec/adv guidance. When I saw the second tee pads amongst the shared holes on the rec course, I figured that those were the adv (blue) tees, but now there are two tees on the adv course as well. I am thinking it might just be two courses now - red and blue for the rec and red and blue for the advanced. To Frank's post - I do just pick a tee and throw.

Side question - anyone know who is responsible for the construction of the course. I would be interested in helping on workdays, make signage, etc. Hole 4 on the adv course gets a little treacherous with the amount of glass that is out there.

Mike

AY!

who knows over there, they have like 4 teepads for every hole while still have stupid trees in the middle of the fairway. Pick a teepad and throw a pin, you just probably made a better hole than is currently out there.

I feel your pain. There is a lot of hard work going on over there, but it is confusing as hell. It almost makes you feel as if someone is intentionally trying to f*#@ with you. I think that maybe they let one person go throw a pad in, and then someone else shows up a few days later and throws a basket in hoping it kind of works. Good potential, but can get a little frustrating. Too many things going on I guess. They should have tried the KISS method.

Yeah, I was afraid it was going to end up like that the time I played it. Are some of the Rec.(?) tees still within arm's length of the next basket? B/c that's solid design.

Thanks Sling for the reply - I am familiar with the rec/adv guidance. When I saw the second tee pads amongst the shared holes on the rec course, I figured that those were the adv (blue) tees, but now there are two tees on the adv course as well. I am thinking it might just be two courses now - red and blue for the rec and red and blue for the advanced. To Frank's post - I do just pick a tee and throw.

Side question - anyone know who is responsible for the construction of the course. I would be interested in helping on workdays, make signage, etc. Hole 4 on the adv course gets a little treacherous with the amount of glass that is out there.

Mike

DORDA is in charge of it. I don't know who heads DORDA right now.

Yeah, I was afraid it was going to end up like that the time I played it. Are some of the Rec.(?) tees still within arm's length of the next basket? B/c that's solid design.

Yes, yes they are. It is super easy to kill someone playing the rec course.