• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

I too had read that story about I-blend in places. My own experience has been that "driver pro" has a ton of variation. I mostly assumed that the first "i-blends" happened to be on the stiffer side of pro. But that I wouldn't trust that until it stayed on the stiffer side for a few years of runs. (We're probably there by now, but I don't have a big sample of I-blend because I usually get my Innova drivers in cheap F2 packs).

I know yetis are putters, and use "putter pro", but I think they're a good example of a pro blend that changes from run to run. I'm sure it's just a tough blend to do consistent, and/or some of the raw pellets in the mix fluctuate in price and/or availability.

KC Pro Aviars are pretty consistent though. So there are certain blends that appear to be fairly reproducible.

Ordered a factory second color glow Leopard 3. Have to say I was expecting either blue or pink. I guess it's a factory second color glow because they forgot the color? Had I known I was going to get a white "color" glow I would have passed.

6f1601c8879730ee9d89629c6d6757e3.jpg

Hot dip it pink. Works great on glow champ.

Bump.

I've been thinking of trying the Leopard again it's been many years...any good/bad general consensus on runs in the past few years? Not looking for Halo Star if it exists (or other LE runs).

I have been throwing production Star & Champ Leopard3's (not regular Leos) regularly the last few years. been really pleased with them as the straight to flippy fairway driver. I find the stability different enough between the plastics to warrant carrying both. Champ is more TL/ FD like and will fight out of some turnovers. Star is my go to for wooded fairway throws and rollers. Distance is among the longest fairway driver I've thrown (DX Teebird is #1).

Last edited:
Bump.

I've been thinking of trying the Leopard again it's been many years...any good/bad general consensus on runs in the past few years? Not looking for Halo Star if it exists (or other LE runs).
Still throwing the somewhat recent run Champ Leopards I described below. Picked up 6 blue ones and 1 pink double stamp one from that luster-y type run (171-175g). The pink one showed turn new but the blues so far have been more straight to fade (FD/TL like) taking more power without rolling over. I remember some Purple/Blue, Maroon, Green, and Orange in that run but the plastic blend felt pretty similar. Still see some of these on store shelves among the newer Champ runs. Really good stability for my game and can handle some wind.
Been enjoying having a Champ Leopard in the bag for a couple months now. I purchased a matching pair at the local DG store from a new run that felt great. Used one enough to get it to hold angles a bit longer and its one of the most stable discs I've found. It shows a bit more turn and fade than the QJLS but also holds up to a bit more torque and wind. I'm hoping it turns into a turnover disc but the current stable 375 feet I'm getting with a '6 speed' is already crazy fun for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240520_112820122.jpg
    IMG_20240520_112820122.jpg
    889.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240520_112923635_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240520_112923635_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts