• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3 Plastic Rankings

samhammy

Wanted to open discussion on your favorite Leopard3 runs/plastics.

Star, Champ, Gstar, Halos, color glows, the Gibson Luster Champs.

Which ones do you bag/like?

Stock star. Available everywhere at all times at stock price

Can't go wrong with Star although I do love how the Halo ones beat in to such a good spot. They're pretty available although definitely not the cheapest.

For some reason the luster champ just feels the best in my hand and the flight has been the most consistent. I lean towards champ plastic for fairways most of the time though for whatever reason. I picked up a star and a signature series halo but they just don't feel as good in my hand and were both a bit more understable out of the box. I don't know if they are truly more understable or if I tend to release them differently due to the more gummy plastic.

I think if I could find a stock star that was a bit on the stiff side it would be great.

This best belongs in the Leopard thread, but I'll bite. Regular Star is my favorite, it's the furthest flying fairway I've thrown outside of DX Teebirds. Regular Champs are a close second, just a tick more stability and are closer to a beat Teebird flight.

Halo is my favorite then color glow. I also have a stiff oddball pro that I really like as well, similar to the Halo in stiffness. Champion after that. Star ones I've bought blind have been too gummy and terrible. DX? Don't know.

I have a few:

Champion - new - straight to overstable
White glow champion - a bomber - very far and straight.
Star - the most understable of the three.

I also have a couple of Infinite Discs Centurions which I'm 98.3% sure is a Leopard3:

Color Glow - fantastic ... laser beam straight.
S-Blend - similar but perhaps slightly more understable.

They are great discs but then I found the Axiom Crave and ... well they are amazing.

Halo is my favorite then color glow. I also have a stiff oddball pro that I really like as well, similar to the Halo in stiffness. Champion after that. Star ones I've bought blind have been too gummy and terrible. DX? Don't know.

There are pro Leopard3? I've never seen one but I'd like to try it.

Star: My favorite. Flies like the flight numbers right away and stays that way for a good while.
Champion: Recent run that I have flies very close to Star with great glide. The one I have is pretty domey but I don't mind it. I have fresh Proto Champion and it flies like Luster. It's very stiff and I really haven't thrown it much because it doesn't have the same glide.
Luster: Feels like a different disc. -1 turn, 2 fade. Also seems a bit faster but with less glide. I imagine these break in a la Teebird to get great glide and more turn but I just haven't put in the work (read: tree hits).
GStar: Haven't tried it but I really want to. My experience with GStar Roadrunners are that they can be surprisingly stable relative to other driver molds in GStar. Anybody have one in a nice Chartreuse for sell/trade?

Leopard3 is an amazing disc and I like them more the more I throw them. Teebird distance for me.

I'll have to try a Centurion at some point. Are they the same, or just similar?

It's very highly likely the same mold, just rebadged and some different plastic options then the L3.

I got so many Leos and L3's that I haven't really thrown my I-Blend Centurion much.

I got about 10-12 of them. Bag 3 right now. But I could fill that disc in the same slot very easily as it looks identical and flies so similar, as much as one L3 can to another anyways. No two discs are really exactly the same, even from the same mold I am sure as you know.

It's very highly likely the same mold, just rebadged and some different plastic options then the L3.

I got so many Leos and L3's that I haven't really thrown my I-Blend Centurion much.

I got about 10-12 of them. Bag 3 right now. But I could fill that disc in the same slot very easily as it looks identical and flies so similar, as much as one L3 can to another anyways. No two discs are really exactly the same, even from the same mold I am sure as you know.

Is the I-Blend Centurion similarly flat to your Leopard3?

I've bought a couple over the past few months hoping to find something FDis to compliment a Mantis, a blue star and a champion glo. The star one is beefy, like extra beef burrito beefy, has a decent amount of dome and has good glide but man does it want to fade fast. I'd rate it 7/5/0/2 I think if I beat this one in it'll turn into a real nice disc but it's going to take some time. The champion glow one was also more overstable than I had anticipated, not nearly as stable as the star one but still pretty stout for a L3, it's on the flatter side and does not have the glide of the star one and I think it may be less than it's 5 rating, maybe a 7/4/-1/2, it's serviceable for glow golf and I'll see how it breaks in.

Champ plastic is my favorite for the Leopard3; actually it is my preferred plastic for all fairway drivers. I have some at ~167g that were flippy right out of the box, and several at 175g that are like seasoned Teebirds at various stages of wear or comparable to the C-Line FDs that I used to throw.