• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I have a couple of Champion Polecats, 175g each. They're out of stock at the Proshop and at Infinite Discs, but hopefully they'll have more soon. You might try a max wt. XT Polecat to see if the weight works better than the one you tried.

And for what you want... lids of any kind might not be the answer. A beaded shallow disc that fights the wind but is not overstable and comes in all plastics is the Stud.
Yup berg or maybe serpent are probably closer to what he is looking for.

My experience with XT polecats is they are less HSS than DX but have more fade.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

For touch annys in the woods where there generally isn't a lot of wind, Polecats are an excellent choice. Lids aren't made for wind. Not headwind anyway.

Considering changing my approach lineup to one that includes a slow, neutral option. Thinking a lid would be potentially dope.

What are the usual suspects for stuff to try? I would like good plastic availability (more than just DX/D ideally), slow speed, neutral stability (more on that below), prefer beaded although I understand that may not be a thing.

The shot I am looking to cover is one that a Proxy would fade out of - touchy annys in the woods, mostly.

I have tried a 165ish g DX Polecat and was not a fan - utterly demolished by a breeze. Maybe max weight would be preferable.

As far as stability, HSS is less of an issue than the requirement for as little LSS as possible. Although I guess my problem with the Polecat was its propensity to blow off the face of the earth, so maybe something on the more stable side of lids would be in order.

Thanks you all. Stay healthy

Nova is the discs to try A Nova will not move after landing and seeing used in person by a guy who uses the mold for tricky approach shots and some putts. The guy had both a Bradly Wiggins Nova and a stock run with the small Paul McBeth signature on the disc, the way the Champion signature discs had in the 2020's. There was a run of regular hard XT Nova for a Pro player Disc once, I forget the player but the mold did not sell as everyone likes the softer XT with texture that is more like the 12x KC Pro that is velvety but soft like modern DX.

Gateway Doggy Styles are fun. I grabbed (5) at 155g in hemp plastic. They are the slowest flyers and i love it. Extremely controllable flight. They fly more like a frisbee than a golf disc. Can anyone shed some light on the difference between it and the Gateway Big Dogs?

I have a proto doggy style that is monstrously beefy. I had it out at high plains challenge in 2016 or so. Playing campsite games I had Eagle throw it some. He threw anny release 360 and it panned out and faded just a little. Its goofy and fun

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Latest posts