• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LiquidDivide RHBH Critique (6 weeks later).

LiquidDivide

For the original thread, check here:
Original Thread

Throws from August 17th

So it's been 6 weeks since I've thrown anything but midranges (Cobra and Shark) and putters (Dart & Omega) from a standstill. I noticed a few weeks ago that my cobra wasn't fading anymore and that I can easily overpower my shark if I want to. I thought the cobra might just be too beat in (my first disc). My friend just bought a 167 cobra and let me throw it. It flew exactly like mine used to, but it was brand new. I decided to buy a new 180 Cobra (since the 167 flew just right without being beat in at all, I opted for the heavier weight). This disc flies straight with a nice fade at the end. I don't get much turn out of it yet, but I think I will once it breaks in.

Anyway, today I went to a field and threw my midranges just to see how I was doing. I've noticed improvement and my form feels much better. I don't have videos of these throws (the ones above were from a week ago), but with a 11mph tail wind I was consistently hitting between 220' and 230'. Just for fun, I decided to try using the x-step again. My first throw with my new cobra went 290'. The other two (old cobra & shark) were both around 280'. I was blown away. I didn't expect that big of a boost.

At any rate, with that experiment I'm wondering if I should begin adding the x-step back into my throw. Should I add it in all at once or slowly work up to 3 steps? Is there something else missing from my form? Also, should I begin throwing faster disc? I was considering buying a leopard and using that as my main disc for a while. Should I do that or start using some of my drivers again (Archangel, Valkyrie, Wraith)?

You need to close your stance, front foot closer to the left side of the tee pad than the rear foot,

Closing my stance means to have my feet closer together And the front foot should be closer to the left side of the pad... Does that mean my legs shouldn't be inline with the target, but off to the left of the target? Maybe a picture or diagram would clear that one up for me.

The beato drill video is great. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of leading with my elbow, but I can see I need some more work there.

OAKzG5y.png

Hand needs to be on the outside of the disc.

http://heavydisc.blogspot.com/2014/08/guess-what-im-doing.html

As SW22 says, that elbow has to lead

Hand needs to be on the outside of the disc.

Wow. That's brilliant. I never would have noticed that. That article explains it all so clearly too. Beato drill with the hand on the outside is going to be my focus for the next while. Thanks.

Closing my stance means to have my feet closer together And the front foot should be closer to the left side of the pad... Does that mean my legs shouldn't be inline with the target, but off to the left of the target? Maybe a picture or diagram would clear that one up for me.

The beato drill video is great. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of leading with my elbow, but I can see I need some more work there.
Not necessarily closer together. Closed to the target like this this:

Not necessarily closer together. Closed to the target like this this:

Oh, okay. So you really do align your shoulders left of target. 45 degrees left according the video. This is going to be very strange, but all this elbow leading snap stuff makes a lot of sense. Never really understood how to get snap before.

I think you found a video of a guy in a packer's shirt on purpose! :p

Latest posts