• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lists discs that are (arguably) best in base plastic

teebird

my bird is so awfully beat that it has a slight late fade, it's a thing of beauty

Recently been playing with elite-x buzzz's as well, they seem to be pretty fun and decent glide. I'll see what happens when it beats in completely before I make any judgements.

DX Whippets work for me, great all around utility disc. The star or CFR does not work as well imo.

The only DX disc I own is a Teebird.

That said, in past experience, the only Orc plastic I've ever liked was DX. Better when beat up.
A brand new Pro D Avenger SS is the sweetest turnover disc ever made. As soon as you ding it up, it's worthless/give away.
Gazelles and Leos are better in DX.
As mentioned before, the Stingray is a different disc than it is in premium plastic. Better??? subjective
The only Buzzz that I like is in X. That's medium grade though.
DX Valks are nice when they're pretty new.
Someone said Eagle earlier, but the SEX is the best in mold...

IMO - All putters are good putters - in all plastics.

I have enjoyed my pro-d crush, It was laser straight off the shelf and has beaten into a nice flippy flex/s-turn disc

I would submit DX Stingrays (provided you can get the right mold). I know many people throw the Stars and old Champions well, but nothing is quite as magical as the long hyzer-flip, late turn of the DX plastic. Powered down, the DX Rays will flip up and hold a long, straight line with almost no fade. The glide on them pushes their distance potential into competition with fairways, too.

:clap:

Most everything I've ever thrown in base plastic is likely "better" as far as glide and distance, but for how long is the real question.