• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local Drama: Don't Break Trees

I've had my fair share of fantasies that involve me sneaking into the local course late at night with a chainsaw and having my way with branches or grouping of trees that have done me dirty.

I've never done it obviously but man it's been tempting. Then I realize I am getting mad at trees and the rage quickly blows over.

At the course that was my main course for a while....there was this one tree.....first available one off the tee. I kept hitting it and joked I was going to get a chainsaw and cut it down. After joking about it (lots), I realized that if someone DID cut it down, I would get blamed. So, I quit joking about it (still kept hitting it though). I ended up making a sign for the tree saying "Wild Bill's Disc Golf Target Tree" with bulls-eyes on it.

During the "Pandemic Fueled Explosion Of Disc Golf Because You Couldn't Do Much Else - And Where Are These People Now?", there was a great hole on our local course. A long sweeping right hander off the tee, with the basket tucked into an alcove.....and two small, split trunked guardian trees to add some fun. You had to fly between the vee of the trunks or split the two trees, which was easier said than done. Many a par ruined on such a straight forward hole. One morning of course, the two guardian trees had been found uprooted and stomped onto their sides. Make the hole easier instead of working the problem. Maybe they were the same people that took a car and blew donuts on the practice field.

.... I decided to jump up and grab the tree branch to try to shake the disc off. I guess I have Hulk strength because I accidentally ripped the entire tree branch off in front of a bunch of people and just kind of stood there feeling extremely stupid and embarassed.

What was I suppose to do now? Attempt to attach the branch back on? Put my head down and walk away quietly?

Stop doing those gamma radiation hits before your round.

Latest posts