• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long tees or short tees

do you play more often from long tees or short tees?

• Long

Votes: 104 63.8%
  • Short

Votes: 59 36.2%

• Total voters
so far the majority is definitely leaning twards long being more often played. i thought it would be a much closer race. i see so many people constantly playing shorts

Most people play from the shorts. Most people don't participate in polls on DGCR, which definitely skews toward the "serious" golfer.

What, no both option?

For the most part, when I play a course for the first time, I tend to play from the shorts because honestly, I KNOW I'm not that good. After a few rounds I try out the longs, but I still like to mix it up depending on who I am playing with and if the course offers enough different looks depending on where the tees are. The short tee might be easier on most holes but its still something different than the long, which adds to the value of a course if you ask me. If I'm use to playing the longs sometimes its fun to mix it up and play the shorts to change things up.

Shorts, longs, does it even really matter as long as you enjoy the time you spend playing this great game?

Was going to put short and long. It's a nice change of pace when flipping between short and long boxes every other visit to a course.

If there's any head butting on which to throw.....

Let the plastic flip decide. (ie - heads long, tails short)

Most people play from the shorts. Most people don't participate in polls on DGCR, which definitely skews toward the "serious" golfer.

You have stats to back that up?

I've played a lot of disc golf over a lot of years on a lot of courses, and rarely seen people playing short tees.

On the other hand, I've played far less than all courses, and seen far less than all disc golfers, so perhaps I shouldn't extrapolate from my experience what most disc golfers do.

Though I will agree that any internet poll has methodological issues and is unlikely to represent the broader community.

i hate short holes! under 200' and i just dont enjoy the hole unless its heavily wooded. i need 2b challenged.
i prefer a hole with 400-700'

I would have voted but there is option for both.
Short Tees are great to play, midranges and putters only. It's a great way to see where your at in your own game. It helps me see what I need to work on. They are mostly upshots from the shorts anyway.
Long tees just to let loose some drives, set up my next shot.

Shorts. I am a rec player and that is where rec players should play. Some courses shorts are silly and then I play longs but at home I play shorts more often than not.

:thmbup: Hear, hear. I do to, well sort of. My 2 home courses have 3 sets of tees. I play the middle tees, she plays the shorts. If there are only 2 sets I'll play the longs and she'll play the shorts.

Played my 1st full round from the long tees at my local course last night, mainly because I've been curious to see how they played in relation to the amateur tees.
Normally I shoot around +6 from the short tees and last night I finished at +14 from the long tees.
Quite a bit better than I was expecting and it definitely changed the course on every hole.
I still have a long way to go in my game, but it's nice to be able to play respectfully from both sets of tees which opens up the local course to even more variation for me.

Well I've been wearing short sleeves all summer; but now that autumn is coming around, I've started sporting the long-sleeve tee.

I prefer short sleeve t-shirts to long sleeve.

(isn't that what this thread is about?)

played the short tees for the first time after 2.5 yrs of playing.

it was 10 degrees, lots of snow, but i still beat my all time best by an insane 9 strokes.

playing shorts is a confidence booster!

Depends on the course, but mostly short.

So you guys are the ones out the course, barely rec level, throwing from the longs.

IMO, it can be just as douchey to be throwing from the longs when you have no business doing so, as taking a large group out, or not letting people play through. It is so annoying to be behind two jackasses teeing off from the longs, barely making it past the short, then taking two, three, four shots from there. I know you have a small penis, but please get the hell out of the way for those of us willing to play the tees that are appropriate for our skill level.

Edit: Not all of you, but you know who you are.

Last edited:

Latest posts