• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest Running Tournaments

I believe the Rochester Flying Disc Open is the only one to not miss a year.

It's also the final stop for the NT this weekend.

Check out the live stream and see exactly how much of a dg sleeper city Rochester is, considering the three Worlds they've hosted. Still the best collection of courses I've played...

the 30th annual fall disc golf derby at madeline bertrand has been held on the same course designed by steady ed every year since its inception.

June 21st was the 30th annual Circus City Open in Peru, In.
Also next sunday the 29th annual Indiana Fall Series will begin with the first event at Hidden Lake Park in Merrillville. I'm told this is the longest running series in the country.
I think the Minnesota Summer Tour (MST) might be the oldest continuously running series starting May 31, 1981. From Joe Feidt, current Disc Golfer editor and one of the creators of the MST, the first series included:
'81 MST: Kenwood, May 31; Bayport, 6/7; New Brighton, 6/20; Wildwood Park, Taylors Falls, 7/11; Glen Lake, 8/1; Slatterly 8/8.

Source: Vol 1. No. 1 of The Roller, possibly the first DG-specific publication ever.

Latest posts