• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for advice on how to incorporate ProChem neon dyes into standard ProCh dyes.

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Just started doing REAL disc dyes (I don't count my worm dipping history) and jumped right in to Floetrel cell dyes this weekend. Trial and error, trial and error. Lots of error. However I think each disc is looking/popping better than the previous despite the fact that they still suck relative to the gems I've seen on here! Just used an oven yesterday after failing with a space heater the day before haha. Much improved I think. And yes, I'm definitely going to buy some heat lamps. Here's my latest pull... https://imgur.com/a/UoEXKGE

Anyway, I have the standard 6 dye ProChem kit but I also have the 6 dye neon ProChem kit. All my dyes thus far have been using standard dyes. I want to start tastefully incorporating some neon dye but if my memory serves me correctly, they shouldn't be used in the same fashion. I don't really know how or where to start with these neon ProChem dyes. Anyone have any suggestions/tips/strategies for using the neon dyes? Should I use the neon dyes only or should I incorporate it into standard dyes? Less is more? More is less? Anything I should know before I start throwing neon dye around? If anyone has any pics of dyes using the neon ProChem, that would be awesome! I have Floetrel, clear glue, and shaving cream to play with fwiw. I also have a record player!

────────

I'm hooked on this ****. I had essentially thrown discs every day for months until this weekend. Haven't thrown since Thursday. Will I ever throw a disc again? Stay tuned.