• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for someone to dye a disc for me

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Greetings one and all!

Never been into dyed discs myself, but I'd like to personalize a disc I plan to give to as a gift. Would appreciate your feedback on the following:

Does Glow Champ take dye well?
Are there any experienced dyers who feel confident they can to a decent job for hire with a turnaround for Xmas, or reasonably soon after?

I'm looking for a simple design, probably one color (maybe two if that doesn't increase cost/time to far).

I have no artwork, but I do have pretty good idea what I want:
12 letters about 1" tall, fairly thick (but not so thick bleeding becomes an issue); six at the top with another six at the bottom, arranged in a circular fashion to follow the edge disc... kinda like this:
kfteE.jpg

In the middle, I want an outline of a state, with a small star (about the size of a dime or so) showing the approximate location of a city in that state.

I'm thinking blue for the letters, and red for the star (if 2nd color isn't too much extra work).

Can a few of you please give me an idea how much that might cost, and how long it would take?
Feel free to post general answers to these questions or ask follow-up questions in this thread.
If you want to discuss in more detail, please PM me with your phone # and we can talk.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Greetings one and all!

Never been into dyed discs myself, but I'd like to personalize a disc I plan to give to as a gift. Would appreciate your feedback on the following:

Does Glow Champ take dye well?

Yup, just as well as champ. See: Bennett's Okthrowberfest entries (Murder of Crows and the Friday the 13th one)

Thanks for confirming. Thought so, but have no real knowledge.

So my buddy can do that no problem, but instead of that design he may do a giant penis. deal?

No thanks, don't want your image on there.

on face book triple 7 custom ... I will try and find you his private e-mail ,,, He did a few for me a couple years back and they were incredible. He made a walter white for me and a Darrel from walking dead,,, does great work I will tryand find his website he has a ton of pictures on there. I had him make mine by telling him what I wanted and he sent me several desings to choose from. It was very reasonable too, I think around 10.00 ,but that was a few years ago.

Thanks Aim. Bennett was actually the first person I thought of. PM'd him a couple days ago... no reply. Maybe he's just busy - it happens.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else here was willing to help me out with this.

Brick, me no facebook. :(
If you could send me his website or email addy, I'd really appreciate it!

Have to say that looks really nice. I like the way you used the UP for the "I" and the lakes forming the outline of the state in the background.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going with mdeeter. You can check out his work at http://www.skycandydiscs.com/.

My unsolicited, genuine testamonial:
Mdeeter does great work; extremley crisp & clean, deep color, no bleeding. Easy to work with, good communication, fast service, too. :) :) :)

Check him out at skycandydiscs.com

Latest posts