• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Lost and Found"

trashmonster1985

Birdie Member
I was just thinking how I had found quite a few discs this summer with no ink on them. I still have many, and have traded or gave away quite a few others. But I figured that if the off chance came up to find an old disc on here it is worth a shot. So i figured if everyone listed discs they had lost and found on here, leaving out some details to avoid unruliness, people may get some old discs back. So here's my lost and found:

LOST:
yellow DX destroyer @ Crest Street Park in Klamath Falls, OR -canal
white discraft XL @ Bijou DGC in South Lake Tahoe, CA -hole 12 pond
red champion viking @ Mt Shasta DG Complex in Mt Shasta, CA -hole 3 West
blue Discraft XL @ Hornets Nest in North Carolina -in lake (found at Albermarle)

FOUND:
monster @ Kirkwood DG in Kirkwood, CA- hole 16 (tell me plastic and color)
discraft extreme @ Mt Shasta, CA- hill on south course
kc pro roc @ Mt Shasta, CA

I will list more in the future...

when i find a disc, i like to give it to someone who doesnt have their own disc, so they can get started...this is assuming theres no ink.

i have found a disc with ink tho, and i happened to know the kid from school, its a shame hes a total prick, cuz i decided to keep it instead haha. his loss, not mine, and im sure mommy and daddy gave him money to go buy a new one.

find a disc = finders keepers!

seriously dont worry about returning those discs,(any discs for all i care) there just not worth it.

as far as your lost ones, get you some new ones or go find them.

wow, not quite what i expected. I for one have a few discs i really used to like and if i had to pay shipping or whatever to get them back i would probably do it. so when i find what seems to be a decent disc with no name i figure there might be a chance that one guy out there might see it and be like "hey i loved that disc i would love to get it back" that's all i was thinking. i was not expecting anything from anyone i just figured since it was the holidays it would be a good time to get back old discs. so if you don't want to return discs to people or get discs back,... whatever.

wow, not quite what i expected. I for one have a few discs i really used to like and if i had to pay shipping or whatever to get them back i would probably do it. so when i find what seems to be a decent disc with no name i figure there might be a chance that one guy out there might see it and be like "hey i loved that disc i would love to get it back" that's all i was thinking.
If you liked those discs and want to have any hope of them being returned why wouldn't you (or anyone else) put your name and number on them? I figure if someone doesn't put their info on the disc, then they don't want it back.

find a disc = finders keepers!

seriously dont worry about returning those discs,(any discs for all i care) there just not worth it.

as far as your lost ones, get you some new ones or go find them.

katana, everyone here at DGCR knows where your moral compass points. It's really not necessary to remind us. Maybe you could just hang out in one of your lost disc threads and spew your thoughts there.

If you liked those discs and want to have any hope of them being returned why wouldn't you (or anyone else) put your name and number on them? I figure if someone doesn't put their info on the disc, then they don't want it back.

I usually do. the problem is i had just traded for the white XL and had not yet put a name on it. the destroyer the name had kind of worn off and went into a canal. this was just a thought since it's the holidays, mellow out guys i'm honestly not that worried about getting any discs back. and dido on the moral compass thing, no one cares if you're an a** hole, keep that crap to yourself

when i find a disc, i like to give it to someone who doesnt have their own disc, so they can get started...this is assuming theres no ink.
I have done this since day 1 of playing and I have introduced the sport to more than 50 people in last year. It makes you feel good when someone you gave a few discs to once and 3 months later you see them and their family out there playing together one day. :)

I generally like the idea of a lost and found board, but wouldn't posting this sort of thing on a local club board potentially yield a bit better results? My club has a lost disc thread for each city with a local club.

Latest posts