• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost disc scenario...right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Blur, there is a huge difference between a disc that's been in the drink for months or found by a transient, and a local Austin golfer that finds it in a fairway minutes after being "lost". You have a different mentality, that of a contrarian.

Wow, so eloquent.

If I never got it back then I would not have been psychologically/emotionally devastated, just super pissed about the lack of courtesy. I've already lost enough badass Gremlins I understand how to cope with it. ;)

I'm serious about the good luck to you btw. Aces for everyone!!!

Thanks everybody for the positive support and messaging to help me get it back. I'm sure he realized the error of selling it once so many stand-up people vouched for my situation.

Anyone else notice it's the two people with the longest "playing DG since" time that seem to be the most unlikeable in this thread? Weird. I figured after playing DG so long you'd understand common decency in the DG world.

Good job internet detectives.

I'm going to assume you consider me unlikable.
I promise I won't lose any sleep over it.
I always call if I find a # on a disc.
What's your point?

Wow, so eloquent.

Wow, how obstinate. My war of words with you is also done. I truly wish you the best of luck. Thanks for trying to get me to see the other side, but I already understand that mentality.

The ISSUE was not that I lost the disc, it's that I found it for sale the next day without getting a call. You must at least understand this to some degree...

Peace

If I ace this weekend I'll give you my pro rhyno pablo..

WHOA hahahaaa, I bless you with lots of mojo then good sir!

I'm not debating whether people like getting lost items back but...

I loose discs with my name on it all the time and don't expect to get them back.

Then why put your name on the disc if you do not expect them back? Why not just put your initials. All you need is a distinguishing mark on your disc to play in tourneys.

Just adding to the fire!

Every disc I have found that has a name and number I have called and returned when asked. I write my name and number on all my throwers. I hope to get them back if I lose one. Knock on wood, I have found every disc I have lost with the exception of one. Good Karma I guess!

Pablo - After all the help you recieved getting your disc back, you may want to upgrade your membership from Basic Donation to Basic Membership or Deluxe Membership.

Just a thought!

Glad you got your disc back!!!

haha it's all good :)

I don't EXPECT to get them back. If I get them back, awesome, if not.. my loss.. literally

I am just messing with you! I do believe in the Karma! Bad Karma will come to those who did not atleast try and return your discs.

Throw'em Straight and Hit Chains!!!!

Pablo - After all the help you received getting your disc back, you may want to upgrade your membership from Basic Donation to Basic Membership or Deluxe Membership.

Just a thought!

Glad you got your disc back!!!

I think I will do that, probably October. I am waiting on October to register for a PDGA Membership so it will roll over to next year. Will prob do the DGCR at the same time. I love this site, it's so much fun. :D :hfive:

I have lost PLENTY of discs before, I usually give it the "Oh well...haha", but this was an entirely different scenario for me. First of all, I never even knew the disc was missing until I saw it for sale. If I had never seen it go live on auction it would have just been another "Oh well...haha" moment once I figured it out this weekend or whenever.

That's the difference, and that's why I posted a thread.

Last edited:
Hey Pablo, glad to hear you're getting your disc back. It sucks losing ones, especially rare ones like that. Just remember that some people on this forum love to stir up some **** and **** 'em if they're gonna try and get a rise outta you. I can admire the amount of effort you put into getting your disc back.:clap::clap:

Gremlin? Really??

Back in the day a sucky disc was a sucky disc no matter how oop or CE it was.

Well it works for me dude. If you knew how much money I've made on CTPs with them you wouldn't say such slander. 250' and in fuggidaboudit! They are just low profile spiders if you ask me and better for low ceilings. Almost like a small diameter roc even. They ROCK!

I'm gonna think about some of you guys next time I eat jerk chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts